Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Idol Results Night

Just sitting here getting ready to watch American Idol, eating catfish nuggets that I made myself, along with asparagus and watching a couple of deer up on the path outside my living room window.

The cats have all had their supper and Manley has had his meal and gone outside for awhile.
All the cats are getting along really well and Kisa is still Miss Queen Bee in this house!
Oh!! Just remembered that I hadn't posted about getting another cat. Well, Sparkle is 2 years old and was born when all of us were living out at Pat and Kevins'. So these 3 use to play and eat together. Sparkle is a shaggy coat like Kisa (but needs a good grooming). She was sold to Gary, the Walgreens store manager, and wasn't working out. So after much thought, I offered to take her. If she didn't work out, I can always find her a home.

But, Sparkle is settling in and is low kitty on the totem pole. She's a very vocal cat and has to know where we all are. There was a little hissing and growling but no big cat fights :) She seems to be happy and even liked Harley, the black lab I dog sat this last weekend.

Talking about labs, have you seen the new Cottonelle commercials with the yellow lab getting the massage, soaking in the bath tub.... It is a hoot.

Well, not surprised with AI results. Just really surprised that Adam was in the bottom 3!! All of those kids will have a great future no matter what. Natalie Cole looked good and so did Taylor Hicks. And Jamie Foxx is an artist.

I have a dog sitting job this coming Sunday and Monday for Jayme, one of the assistant managers at Walgreens. She also told me that her neighbor with 3 boxers is tired of paying $75 a day for some one to house/dog sit. So Jayme will give them my phone number. $75 a day??? Who can afford that?? I'm saving my dog sitting money for Memorial Day in Los Alamos with part of the family.

This Friday evening Deb and I are going to the Skate Exhibition. Jeff, the pharmacist, has 2 girls in the show. Ruby, who is quite the character, is 4 and will expect all eyes on her, and Marit who is 9 and very good for only skating 2 years. A few other people we know well will be there too. It should be fun!

That's all for today. Time to do dishes and make lunch for tomorrow. Then bedtime.

2 comments:

Jacque. said...

WOW! Another cat! Glad everyone is getting along. AI was interesting, I thought. Not as clear cut as everyone thinks it's going to be, hey? Have a great weekend! I'll be sewing, I expect. ~grin~

Anonymous said...

3 cats??? Have fun with them!!!
I remember when I had mama cat and 4 kittens! That was a handful!
Sounds like you are keeping busy and yes, save money for shopping in NM!! Joyce