Saturday, April 25, 2009

40% Chance of Rain

Hope the rain gets over with today so my day off will be nice.

Lots went on this week. First, the sewer and plumbing need to be fixed. The sewer backed up and the landlord had to come out and find the holding tank............ It still isn't completely done but at least I can use water and take quick showers. I was using the neighbors bathroom for 2 days.

Joe, the landlord, and I talked about lawn care and gardening and watering. I will get $$ taken off of my rent for mowing, raking, weeding, cleaning out the small pond.... I don't know how long it will take me so we agreed to talk about it when he gets back from Denver in 2 weeks.

Joe also is thinking about having me clean the boys place every 2 weeks, as it is not up to 'showing' standards in his book. So, we'll see how that goes.

I am dog sitting for Harley, Kyle's dog, this weekend. In exchange for him taking care of Manley when I go to Los Alamos in another month. Harley is a mellow, yes I said mellow, black lab and he is 6 or 7. I stopped at home and put Manley in his crate in the van, then put Harley in the back seat so they could get to know each other before we got home and into the house. And when we got home, they were fine. Harley had never seen a cat before, and he just looked at them like 'oh, small dogs'. Manley claimed the bed last night and Harley found a spot on the
side.

This morning I put a gate up between the bedroom and living room and separated the dogs while at work. When I get home we will all be taking a hike if weather permits.

Tomorrow we will all spend a lot of time outside after cleaning and doing laundry. I have flower beds to clean up and water, rake pine cones and leaves to bag up from the pond. I even bought some gardening gloves! And if time, I will mow the lawn or parts of it.

It's getting busier here at the EconoLodge which keeps me out of trouble and awake.

I also have another dog sitting client. The new assistant manager at Walgreens has a Lhaso Apso and they are getting a Vizala puppy!! They go up to Denver about once a month, and they also know a neighbor with 3 boxers who is looking for a house sitter. Things are looking up!

Time to get back to work, as the boss is here. Wouldn't want him to catch me napping!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like you will be busy with the animal sitting business.
I am getting excited about our trip to NM!!!
Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Me too!! Even making sure my summer clothes still fit!! What are you wearing to the graduation?

kks said...

busy girl! outside work is fun, don't ya think?!

Jacque. said...

Well, you won't be lacking for things to do, for sure! And, extra money is always good!