Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rainy Saturday

It started to lightly rain here about 6:30 a.m. The weatherman said that it will rain throughout the day and then tomorrow it will be about 65 degrees and partly sunny. This rain will help the grass seed that I planted this last week.

Busy here at the EconoLodge. All of the rooms were booked and then the coffee hadn't been turned on, so people were standing here in the lobby waiting for that. It took almost 30 minutes.

Last night Deb and I went to the Skate Exhibition. It was great. Kiri, 3 years old, and Ruby, 4 years old, skated with 6 other youngsters to 'Going to the Chapel' and it was just adorable. Marit, age 8, skated to the Lone Ranger and then her and Jarrod skated to Goldfinger. Durango has a lot of talented skaters. All of the skaters will be competing down in Santa Fe in a couple of weeks. It's too bad I didn't have a camera. The pictures of Kiri and Ruby would have been sooooo cute!! After my short vacation in New Mexico, I will be saving up for one. In fact, Jeff and his family will be gone for a week so I will have that dog sitting money!

Sunday and Monday I will be dog sitting for Twig, a Lhasa Apso. I can just see Manley's expression----- Oh mom!! Another one???? I've explained to him that if he wants to eat, he has to put up with other dogs once in awhile.

The boys (that live in the front of the house) are gone for the weekend, so the place is quiet. One of the guys even took Flex, the yellow lab, home with him. He even left me a note so I wouldn't worry that Flex had gotten loose!! I like when people are considerate.

The Kentucky Derby is on today. I hope to be home to watch the main race. Then the Nascar race is on later on. Did you all see the ending to last weeks race, where Carl Edwards flipped his car, then he got out and ran across the finish line!! That was scarey. At least those cars are much safer now, after Dale Earnheart Sr. had his fatal crash.

Sunday there is a mandatory meeting for all of pharmacy staff at 6pm. The main topic is 'how to make the pharmacy run more efficient'. So, I have my notes all typed out and the flow charts printed. Walgreen's has a good understanding of how the place should run and if you follow their chart, the customers will get better service. And Kyle has a few points that he wants to get across to a couple techs so there are fewer mistakes made.

Time to go and take down the continental breakfast. Hope all of you have a good weekend and I hope to get my yard work done tomorrow. Bye!

4 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua

Glad to hear that you're keeping busy at work. A meeting on Sunday night...ugh. That's when I am in my pajamas, vegging and preparing myself for the upcoming week.

Having a camera is almost mandatory these days, don't you think? I mean, how easy is it now, compared to when there was film to develop. Holy Schmoly! I have had a digital camera going on 6 years...cannot imagine being without one.

Have a good weekend!

dexmangoldens said...

Jacque--I'd rather be in pj's instead of a meeting. I REALLLLLLY want to get a camera. Missing out on some good pictures and then sharing them with you all.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, sounds like we are warmer and sunnier than you right now. FYI - the Lone Ranger song is the William Tell Overture. Just in case you wanted to know!! :)
Have a great day!!! Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Joyce, thanks I couldn't remember the name of the Overture.