Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Wednesday-Hump Day

It is really windy again today. We are in a storm/snow watch until tomorrow night. And 8-18 inches is what they are predicting up in the mountains, another 2 thousand feet above Durango. The cats love windy weather, because the leaves in the yard blow around and it is fun for them to watch, sometimes running from window to window trying to 'catch' them.

I had a different weekend. I was under the weather, plus I forgot my phone at work, and my mom was trying to call. At least I had email. Just rested in between laundry, vacuuming...

Work is going ok this week. My friend Catherine dropped off some muffins for us all and boy were they yummy!! She bakes everything from scratch--no box mixes in her house! I was surprised when she told me a couple of weeks ago that her 2 daughters have never eaten at McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King..... Mike, her husband, was a very good influence on all of them.

I was in the hot tub at 6:30 this morning. I had evidentally tried not moving while Manley was up on the bed, down by my knees. So my legs were cramped and my neck was sore. Plus, a light was left on all night and was shining in my bedroom window. Disrupted my sleep somewhat. So, after the boys left, I got up and soaked for a bit. Then took a nice hot shower too!

I am getting my hair cut tomorrow after work. I baked some brownies for my hair stylist (in place of a tip) and also took some next door to Jim and Cynthia and then took some to the boys. I only had 2 small ones for dessert. They helped cool off my mouth from the spicey fajitas and pico de gallo. (I made the pico last night in preparation for tonights fajitas.) So, no more brownies for Julie!!

American Idol made me cry tonight. The judges saved Matt. But then 2 people leave next week. The remaining people are all so good it's going to be hard to see any of them go from this point on.

Hope every one has their taxes done. I filed early and got my refund, then bought this computer, so all set until next year.

It is time for bed. Good night all!!

5 comments:

Jacque. said...

Glad you're feeling better. Did you get your snow?

AI. I think they should not have saved Matt Giraud, cuz now 2 have to go home next week. They feel that he doesn't have what it takes to win, so I think they wasted their 'save'. Well, we shall see. Anoop or Lil should have left...probably will next week.

Jacque. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jody said...

Yeah, I was VERY happy they saved Matt. Anoop and Lil need to go home, in my opinion!!! Hopefully next week like Aunt Jacque says!! Glad you are feeling better my dear. Can't wait to see you next month!

Love ya, Jody

Anonymous said...

Hi, glad you are better and I am much better too, just still have the cough! I have not even watched American Idol this season and I was the one that Always watched it along with Minerva and Jody.
Have a good day!! Joyce

kks said...

love Adam! everyone else can go!
:)
the vet at the HS is Lisa Luedkte (grad several yrs ago) and the new grad from last year Jeremy Page
did the dog ever come home...?
have a great weekend!