Sunday, April 19, 2009

Manley to the Rescue

I am so proud of my dog Manley. I was doing laundry, dishes and listening to music when Manley came in the kitchen area and started whining and going into the bedroom, then back again..... So, I asked him what he wanted, and he went into the bedroom with me behind him. Much to my surprise my bedroom door out into the laundry room was not tightly closed, and Kalista was in the laundry room!!! Bandit, the inherited cat, was not around right then, but there is a cat door. So, I quickly scooped up Kalista and came in and shut the door TIGHT.
Kisa, the good girl, was up in the cat tree sleeping, so no worries about her. But isn't that cool???
Manley knows when I am needed in a certain situation. I praised him and loved on him and gave him a bunch of treats. He really rescued Kalista!! Yeah Manley!!

Got done with all of the cleaning, laundry, dishes, dusting, changed bed, took out garbage, watered flower beds, picked up pine cones and then sat in the hot tub. Read my book for awhile and even went for a hike with Manley this morning. He met 3 new dogs (1 chocolate lab, 1 black lab and 1 mastiff) on the hike and hugged one of the 2 guys that were walking them.

It got up to about 70 degrees today and there's a good breeze and lots of sun, and about 10 clouds that passed over this afternoon. It will be like this for the next few days. I have a couple of windows open and it feels nice to have a breeze through the apartment.

Just planning on doing some more reading and then watch some tv later this evening.

4 comments:

Jacque. said...

oh manley doodlehead...what a good boy!!!

You're sure it was ~10 clouds...not ~15? hahaha.

Have a good rest of the weekend.

dexmangoldens said...

Yes, only 10 cuz I counted them :)
Hope you get done with your list!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Manley was a good dog!!!
It was only 45 here today but sunny and a nice day out. That is why I ventured out to get some fresh air myself and went to the library and Walmart.
Sounds like the perfect weather there! Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Yes, it was and a even got the top of my legs burned. and my shoulders. It'll be tan tomorrow.
Thanks for the call. Hope the kids settled down.