Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Nice Change in Weather

The last 2 days it snowed/rained here in Durango which was suppose to continue through today. Well, Mother Nature decided to be nice and give us a partly cloudy day instead. Thank you!

I can't believe I haven't posted until now! I've been busy checking people out, replenishing the continental breakfast items and checking people in a bit early, as they are attending a wedding.
Then chatting with the boss and eating lunch. We have 25 rooms booked tonight, out of 45. Not bad for mid-April. Only 2 more hours of work left.

Last night I stopped at the grocery store and picked up a pork loin for cheap. I sliced it into 1" thick slabs and browned it up with garlic, onions and jalepeno peppers, then threw it in the frige. I had a small piece of it and boy, was it tender!!! I think it was even more tender than the tenderloin!! I had some on my salad today and have to think of other dishes to put it in or with, like with asparagus or green beans, garlic mashed potatoes... I have enough to last about 4 meals.

Also, when I was at the store, I bought some Ben and Jerry's ice cream. I plan on having 1 serving of it tonight for dessert. Yummy! It is normally $4.69 per pint but on sale 2/$5.oo. Good deal.

Thursday after work I got my hair cut and colored. It is short like it was last fall when I saw many of you. No more long hair for me. Plus, it was bleached out alittle because I would brush it back off my forehead while in the hot tub. OOPPSS!!

Tonight is Prom Night here at the high school. The flower shop across the street has been busssy. Who has any good stories to tell about their Prom Night??? It seems so long ago. Oh yeah, it was! And longer ago for some of you---sisters!!

There's a Bluegrass Festival downtown this weekend. I just found out about it this a.m. so will check and see who might be available to go down there with me tomorrow. I haven't gone to a bluegrass concert since I went with Jill in Wausau about 10?? years ago? Should be fun.
I will let you know!

But first I have to clean, do laundry, walk the dog.......the usual Sunday to-do list. The Nascar race is even later tomorrow, so that will work out good!!

You all have a good weekend and take care.

2 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...your hair isn't as short as it was when you lived here, right? It sounds like you're keeping busy...and making good food. When you come, instead of eating out, we should make some of what you've been doing lately. Especially the Ben&Jerry's (grin). Kisses and hugs to Manley & Kisa...and, I suppose, Kalista.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are doing just fine these days. Only 33 days until I am in NM!!!!! See you soon! Joyce
I am NOT sharing my prom night tales with anyone!!!! Dan would kill me!!!!!! LOL