Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lazy Day in Cat World

 

DSCN0713

How do they sleep with their heads like that? Kalista is on the left, Sparkle on the right.

Just a lazy day for us all.  No work assignment today.  Evidentally the government doesn’t have it as ‘together’ as they think.  I hope no one is surprised at that. 

I actually was surprise when I woke up from a 2 hour nap this afternoon.  Fell asleep reading.  I haven’t taken a nap (unless sick) for months, if not years.  Felt pretty good too!!!

On the job front, I applied for a front desk/optho position at my contact lens check appointment yesterday morning.  They did not have an ad in the paper, just a sign on their door.  Luckily I had a resume’ in my car.  Plus I heard through the grapevine that there might be a Front Desk Agent opening at the Strater Hotel.  And I have a friend there who will put in a good word for me, as he knows me from Walgreens.  And I left a message for the Manager out at Swing, where I applied for a Floor Manager.  Chris, my personal chef, is the head chef there, so he put in a good word for me too!  

Plus, I sold my first Jafra set on Sunday to my friend Deb and will be calling a couple people tonight to set up their complimentary facials. 

So, I’m just plugging away here in Durango and hoping all of this snow melts soon.  It was 42 and sunny most of the day. The robins have been here for over a month, so it should be spring pretty soon!   It sounds like it is raining because the foot of snow on the roof above mine is melting and dripping. 

Hope every one had a great day! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the job situation is going okay there. Glad you are having warmer weather. It was 38 here yesterday and today.
I got my hair trimmed, went to the post office then home.
Joyce