Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Moon is Peeking at Me!!!

 

DSCN0821

Just had to put this picture on my blog.  The moon is peeking through the trees right out my bedroom window up the hill.  These oak saplings still have some of their leaves on from last year.

So, hope y’all had a good day.  I did.  I have actually had a couple of good days. 

Yesterday morning I went and dropped off my resume’ at Dr. Ciotti’s, my very own doctor’s clinic. They had one of the receptionists quit this last week, and they are a busy clinic.  I know both doctors, the PA, the nurse and the receptionists from going there and from working at Walgreen’s.  Then, lo and behold, my friend Catherine walked in with her sick daughter. We chatted a bit and I told the receptionist that if she wanted a good reference----there she was!

I went to get my haircut (short and spiky) and colored and then spent part of the afternoon relaxing and reading.  Spent some time in the hot tub too.  About 4:30 the kids invited me over to meet some of their friends from SteamBoat, Co and we had fun playing beer pong and chatting til 9ish.  Manley joined the party at one point and got lots of attention.  He is a reallllll party animal!! 

This morning I went out to feed cats…. and then Catherine called and we went to Farmington. She brought me a turkey/cheese sandwich and chips from home, as I had not eaten yet. Then we stopped at Starbucks, got coffee and dessert, then stopped in the Toyota dealer to get her bluetooth reconnected.  We talked with Don, the salesman who sold me my car.  He is just too cute and nice!  And both he and Catherine are from Texas.  Ya know, with the drawl.  Gotta love it! Then we got to Farmington, stopped at the Mexican store for tamales and chorizo and then to Sam’s.  She let me add wine, chicken, strawberries and grapes  on her Sam’s card and then I paid her back.  Then she got us some drinks for the ride home. 

I know, this is long, but a good story!!

****Catherine told me that she had talked with Dr. Ciotti (might as well go right to the top!) yesterday, and told her that it would really benefit their clinic to have me as an employee.  I am friendly, good with people, hard worker………..

I am really blessed to have Catherine in my life as a friend and support person.  We had a lot of fun today and she really needed to just have a grown up girl day after a tough week.

Oh Jacque---she LOVES my quilt, kitty quilts and pillow cases!! 

So, I am going to see what is on tv or if reading my book would be better.  I’m reading ‘Last Snow’ by Eric Van Lustbader.  He was co-author for the Bourne series. 

Can  you believe that my nephew’s daughter is 7 years old today!!!  Now I feel old  :) 

Have a great weekend!!  Tomorrow I have to feed cats, rake up pine needles, do laundry and watch Nascar. 

3 comments:

Jacque. said...

It is nice to have a special friend...or two. Sounds like you're having a good day. What about work?

Jacque. said...

Another nephew's son was 7 in January. Master Conlan. AND, remember, Jody's son is 19...that should make you feel really old! ha!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really had a good couple days there. Am busy putzing away at clearing out and cleaning out stuff in the house. Joyce