Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday

Last week I learned that my friend Pat had died. Her husband Kevin had died from cancer this past November. That was the couple that I was living with when I first moved down to Colorado after buying 2 pixiebobs from her. I cleaned the house and the cattery in exchange for room and board.
Pat died suddenly so her brother Jim and his wife JoAnn are here for over a week trying to get things settled. I had called and left a message that if they needed my help with the cats, to let me know. Well, they finally realized that they did indeed need my help and called me yesterday and so I drove out there. I will be feeding, cleaning litter boxes, and enclosures for Pat's cats and helping with litters (4 are due soon) where needed. I'm not sure for how long and I don't know for sure what is going to happen, but they do have someone interested in carrying on Pat's Pixiebob line, who might buy the place lock, stock, and barrell. Otherwise all of those cats will need a good home or to be placed in someone else's breeding program. I know some of the kittens about to be born are spoken for but there are records and emails for Jim and JoAnn to go through to find those potential buyers.
So, my day was just a little busy yesterday and will be for awhile, seeing as it is 30 miles out to the cattery. I am happy to help out where I can.
I'll let you know if there are any available cats or kittens when things get straightened out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

And hopefully they can pay you for your efforts, time and gas. Joyce

Jacque. said...

Ditto to what Joyce said. I mean, there's nothing wrong with doing this out of the goodness of your heart, but still...

Jody said...

Wow!! I am SOOO shocked!!! That is just crazy that they BOTH are gone now. Wow!!! Yes, I hope they pay you for driving out there, etc. I bet you are loving that you can see the house/cats again. Awww... too sad.

kks said...

wow, so sad about them....seemed so sudden...
xoxo