Saturday, November 14, 2009

There's A Mouse in the House

I now have a mouse for my laptop. It is easier when playing games and gives you faster and more control. And I now have my laptop sitting on my table from mom and Ray, with room for the mouse!!

Well, the last 3 days have been eventful, to say the least.

Thursday I went to work and was asked to leave as I was distraught over not following company policy the week before. I was wrong, but I had someone's permission. Will explain on the phone if you want more details.
I was then asked to return on Friday afternoon midday. I was then dismissed, got my final paycheck and was allowed to get any personal items out of my drawer in the pharmacy. One of the pharmacists is still awaiting a call from the district manager in Colorado Springs to find out if he is fired or not. That will be determined Monday.

So, since then I have gotten a lot of love and support from friends and family.

This morning I had a job interview scheduled for Monday by 8:15am after looking at the job ads online in the paper. Then I updated my resume, which Catherine embellished and printed several copies for me, then I dropped one off at a couple of different pharmacies and went home. I applied online at 2 places so far today and will be going to a job fair tomorrow. (It's interesting that they timed that so well for me!! )

I have cried all the tears I am going to cry and from now on it is onward and upward. One door closed and another will open.

A number of people will be transfering their prescriptions out of Walgreens just because I won't be there. There are also several people who are writing or calling the district managers and giving their opinion of the circumstances and result.

I am blessed with wonderful friends and a great family who support me and love me. Nikki is going to come over Monday morning and color my hair for me and will bring lunch. She is moving to Texas in another 2 weeks, and she will be missed. Now at least I have someone to go visit in Texas!!

My sister Jacque is finished with my kitty quilts and will work on my big quilt sometime this next week or so. I am hoping I get it by my birthday!!

And my sister Jill has sold her house, moved into a duplex and will be moving to Colorado by summer!! Can't wait to be only 5 hours away from her and of course 3+ hours from my niece Jody.

I will be busy tomorrow morning at the job fair, cleaning, but then I HAVE to get my pictures downloaded and post some in my blog!!

Y'all have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Talked to Jacque a bit today, will call you when it is quiet here and find out what's up!!!! Joyce

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...looking forward to seeing your photos! All the rest we already talked about.