Saturday, March 7, 2009

Julie Has A Computer!!

My computer arrived Thursday night and I have been setting it up with help from Brainstorm, the company I am getting my dsl from. I am now having phone line problems, as my standalone unit plugs into any unused phone line jack. I am not in view of the towers so I can not get wireless where I live. So, the QWest people will be out Sunday morning to see what is going on. Meantime I have the work computer to use. Can't wait for mine to be up and running!!!

This morning is busy at the EconoLodge, and a nice change. There is a volleyball tournament going on in town, hence the NO VACANCY sign in our window.

The snow is almost melted in my yard. Last Sunday Manley helped my landlords daughter collect the big pine cones falling from the tree. He was quite funny, until he realized we weren't going to give them back to him. Poor dog, but he had fun. And I found out that there will be 3 guys, ages 30-35 renting out the front of where I live. And Joe put the house on the market. If you go HERE you will see where I live. It's the last house listed under the heading of 'residential listings', the one for $725,000. Last Saturday night Manley got fed lots of treats, as I was babysitting for Alaina and Logan. They were having him sit, down, and stand. They both took turns having him up in the recliner with them and lots of petting Manley's head going on. Logan said the most profound thing I've ever heard out of a 7 year olds mouth: "Now I understand why dog is man's best friend". I teared up and everything!

After work today I will be sitting in my hot tub and relaxing. Tomorrow is laundry and cleaning day, plus waiting for the phone people to get there. I will also be cooking a shrimp pasta dish. My mac and cheese that I made from scratch was a big hit at work last Monday at Walgreen's.

I will be talking with my travel agent this next week about my Wisconsin trip. The fare don't look like they will be going down, so might as well get the ticket! I will let you all know when and where I'll be---as soon as I know!

Everyone take care and will talk soon!
Love, Julie

2 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...hope they get your service figured out for you tomorrow! YAY that you finally got a computer! Have fun with it.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for you to be online with the rest of us sisters! Joyce