Thursday, March 19, 2009

I Made My Mom Cry Today

I called my mom today and informed her that I would not be flying up to Wisconsin after Memorial Day. I have looked over my finances and I just can not afford to visit at the end of May. I will try to get up there over Labor Day weekend.
I am disappointed that I will not see my family and friends in another 2 months, but in another 5 months or so I hope to be there. Going on vacation and not worrying excessively about how much money I spend on airfare, restaurants, gas, dog and cat care, and any trinkets I might buy would be nice and I hope to do that in September.
I am still going to Tyler's graduation in Los Alamos, NM and where 1/2 of my family will be over Memorial Day weekend. I will only be using a couple days of vacation and then use the rest in September.
I will be going to the movie 'Duplicity' (with Julie Roberts and Clive Owen) tomorrow night. My friend Catherine and her girls invited me to go with them. I haven't been in a theatre for at least a year and look forward to it.
Today I made up a poster for pet sitting and dog walking. Kyle will hang it up on the bulletin board in the mailbox station at their developement, Edgemont Ranch. I am 2 miles from there and dog sit for Jeff, who lives only 2 doors down from Kyle. I am hoping to pick up a couple more jobs and boost my finances upward before the recession really takes hold in this area. I just wish I could do some dog grooming, like I did in Madison, but I don't have the area to do it in. I have the equipment, but not the tub and hot water.
The 4 guys that live in the front of the house here don't think they need me to clean their place over the weekend while they go up to Denver. It would have been nice just to have a 2 hour job once a week for decent money. Oh well!! Their loss. We'll see how many jobs I get for pet sitting/dog walking.
The weather has been warm and sunny and in the 70's this week and I am loving it! I am only able to enjoy it after work but at least I can look out the drive-through window during the day. People are already in shorts, sandals and t-shirts. And tomorrow is the first day of Spring.
Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shame on you for making your mama cry!! I'm sorry I had to get off the phone in a hurry today. I look forward to seeing you in NM!
Joyce

Jacque. said...

Don't worry, she'll get over it. Plus, you'll be here this fall, so it's not like she'll never see you. Ya know???