Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Cold Wednesday

Durango is cold and damp and gray. Much like Wisconsin, if I recall correctly!
I forgot to mention on Monday that it was my 2 year anniversary for when I got hired at Walgreen's. I am receiving a 3% raise this year. Kyle did my review today and he was very appreciative of all the things I do. He wants me to be "a senior tech that others look up to". Ahhhhh!! He also told me that I am very good with the customers and know how to prioritize my duties. We also framed and hung up the certificate that I received from the District Manager for my great customer service and being named in the survey.
I am very lucky. I found a job I like, people I like working with and a place where I am appreciated. I work hard for the money, am tired when I get done, but I get up the next day and do it all again. You never know what to expect day to day and you are grateful for the mild, even flowing days.
My friend Deb is going to take me out for supper sometime this next week. She knows it's my 2 year anniversary and she also got a raise at her job! She told me to pick the place and the time and she'll foot the bill. We haven't really talked a lot the last 3 weeks and have a lot of catching up to do. She has a sick mom and a son getting married.
I am looking for pictures of a hair cut that I want. If anybody finds one they like, feel free to send it to me. I am looking for more of a layered, short but not too short look.
Time to go watch American Idol and relax. You all have a good night and a good day tomorrow.

5 comments:

Jacque. said...

Cold and dreary, here! ohwell...better than snow! Happy that you're doing so well out there, away from your family.

kks said...

we are suppose to get some snow this weekend.....who are your idol favs?
congrats! it is always nice to be appreciated!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I like Allison and Adam, Danny and Mark--the first one on last night. Julie

Anonymous said...

Hope you don't still need your studs. We can keep ours on until May 1st. The weather is in the 40's here now and cloudy. I am hoping the WI weather is nicer!
Love you, Joyce

Anonymous said...

Kim, his name is Matt. Sorry for the Mark/Matt mistake.
Joyce, hope I won't need my studs. It snowed about an inch or two today, but I didn't put my studs on until after a couple of storms, and it should all melt by days end anyway. Julie