Saturday, February 28, 2009

Where Did February Go??

And where did January go?? It's amazing when I remember back to summers when I was young. They seemed so long at one point and then the last 2 weeks went by so fast. And as we get older, time seems to fly by. But then, when you are at work with 10 minutes to go, it DRAGS! It's all in the anticipation I think.

I have so enjoyed living at my place and not having any one in the front of the house. I have spent some time in the hot tub lately. It really helps my feet, as I put them over the jets and they get massaged! (I have my grandmother's feet---sore and tired when I stand a lot, but thank goodness to Dansko shoes, they make it tolerable.) My landlord put the house on the market and had somebody already looking at it. I myself think it is way overpriced, but then you pay for 'the view' in this neighborhood. (And it is quite awesome)

Work has been going well. The new girl, Wendy, is working out really well. She learns fast and retains information, or at least takes notes. She gets frustrated about insurances, as we all do, and not knowing what drugs are for what. But, that all comes with time and experience. She has a great sense of humor too and gets in on the 'let's pick on Julie day' with Kyle. :) She lives on a farm and has horses, dogs, cats, and a couple of chickens. So we get to talk about animals some.

This next month I will be at Walgreen's for 2 years. So, a raise is coming!! I hope the President figures out how to cut our payroll taxes, so that will help all of us too.

I made myself a promise this last week. Let me explain why. This last Sunday about 9 or 10 pm, I had been thinking of Jacque. I was going to call, but then thought it might be too late for her. Well, it turned out that Tango was not doing well. She called the next day to say she had put him down. So, had I called, I could have found out what was going on and helped her through it. So, the promise to myself is---call people when you are thinking of them. There might be a good reason for those thoughts. And so on Wednesday evening I put a call into Jacque to see how she was doing. I timed it so it was during a long commercial and so the couple minute chat was much appreciated by her.
So, I might be calling some of you and only for a short chat. Or you can call me too!!! :)

I am babysitting tonight for the kids of Lora, one of the pharmacists at Walgreens. She has 2 children, ages 5 & 7, girl and boy. Her and Darren are going to a small concert and will drop the kids off at my place about 6:30. The kids are all excited about having a babysitter, seeing me and my animals. It should be a fun-filled night.

Tomorrow I am making macaroni and cheese for the Walgreens people. I found a really good recipe, and no, not the box kind!, and wanted to share with my friends at work. It should be fun to make and eat! I also found a seasoning I like. It is in the boullion section in your store. It is Chipotle cubes that you crumble on top of chicken, like salt and pepper. It is very flavorful, as I had some last night on my chicken. I am really getting into the Southwest flavors! Jacque sent me a recipe for a cowboy pico sauce. Something to consider making in New Mexico and Wisconsin when on my vacation.

I still do not have my tickets to Wisconsin yet, as my travel agent is still searching for that best deal out there. Will be checking in with him this next week.

Can you believe this weather?? We are having 50 - 60 degree days and sunny, and Wisconsin is having snow and cold. Almost all of my snow is melted around the house and no snow to be seen downtown. I keep meaning to ask a local when my snow tires should come off. Don't want to wear off those studs!!

Manley, Kisa and Kalista are doing well. I think I have 2 of the silliest cats around. I play laser light with them and it is so funny to see them chasing/pawing their way across the room after the laser. It is quite entertaining and very funny. You don't even have to have it pitch black to see the laser. Manley just ignores them when they are playing.

Time to go and work. Have a great weekend, and we will blog with you next Saturday, unless my computer gets here!! Take care, be well.
Love,
Julie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, my computer is having problems now so I can only check email and your blog from work.
We had about 6 inches of snow on Saturday, big fat flakes and oh so pretty!
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Hi, my computer is having problems now so I can only check email and your blog from work.
We had about 6 inches of snow on Saturday, big fat flakes and oh so pretty!
Joyce