Sunday, March 15, 2009

Sunday Cooking

I have been up since 5:30 this a.m. and have dusted, vacuumed, did dishes, cleaned litter box, cleaned bathroom, picked up the yard after Manley, clipped Manley's nails, cleaned his ears and combed him, took out the garbage, put new litter in the box, striped my bed and am now doing my laundry.
For lunch I made Round Steak Parmesan. You brown the breaded steak, then add tomato sauce, spices, and bake it for an hour. Then you top it with Parmesan cheese and let all of the flavors meld together. I also made some red potatoe wedges with garlic, onion and a small bit of jalepeno pepper. I also topped it with Parmesan cheese. It was delicious and my place smells SOOOO good! I will have enough leftovers for lunch on Monday and Tuesday.
While I am finishing my laundry I will be reading 'Scarpetta' and sitting out in the hot tub in awhile. Then all I have to do is make my bed. No Nascar race today.
Bryce told me this morning that the other 2 guys I have not met yet will be in sometime tonight. I will have to see what my other 'boy toys' (just kidding) look like.
Joe, the landlord, called yesterday and informed us all that there will be a house showing Monday morning between 8:30 and 9:30. That is the 3rd or 4th time the house has been shown. I wonder if that is good or bad, as I don't want to move, so hopefully whoever buys the house wants me as a renter.
Work yesterday was kind of busy at the EconoLodge. I was kept busy with resupplying the continental breakfast and checking people out, and after 2:00 I checked in 3 more people. Businesses are finally slowing down some in Durango and are starting to really be affected by the recession.
I watched "Burn after Reading" with Brad Pitt and George Clooney last night. It was kind of senseless and I stopped it in the middle and went to bed. I had thought it got good ratings. Evidentally it is not my type of comedy.
Well, time to change laundry around. Hope you all are having a good weekend and enjoying warm weather. I think it's suppose to get up to 50 degrees today, then warming up the next few days.
Take care. Julie

4 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...sounds like you're keeping busy! That lunch sounds great...perhaps you could make it when you come here. I sewed 2 borders on my quilt top and have another to sew on that I may or may not get done today. Still have a fun backing to put together...you're gonna love this! After that's done, I'll need to put the 'sandwich' together...that is, the backing, the batting and the quilt top. THEN, I can quilt it and sew on the binding. I'm really having fun with this.

For now, though, I am working on my big mess in the office. ugh. How can any one person have so much stuff???

Have a great rest of the day!

Anonymous said...

Hi there,
I read "Scarpetta" and it is very good. I watched "Burn after Reading" and you should try to stick through the whole movie. It was really funny and everything gets all wrapped up at the end. I just laughed and shook my head for the longest time after it was over. I am not much for silly movies but this one was different.
Sounds like you have TOO much energy there kiddo!!
I worked out and listened to my Sunday morning tapes and did some Bible reading. Now I will get busier and clean the bathrooms and get that shower. I dusted, did laundry and dishes yesterday. I tend to do my cleaning in sections so I am not overwhelmed by doing it all at once! have a great day!!! Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Thanks for the comments sisters!
Jacque, just remind me to make the round steak parmesan. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.
Joyce, may not finish the movie.
You both have a great evening and a good week. Love you! Julie

Anonymous said...

Don't know why it stuttered!!! Joyce