Friday, October 30, 2009

A Working Friday

One of the techs called in sick this morning so I ended up working today. Hopefully I will have the whole weekend off (if I don't get called in for 8 hours of overtime on Sunday. Of course, I could use the money.)

So, I have been exposed to the swine flu at least a dozen time in this last week. If I don't get sick, I shouldn't have to get the H1N1 shot. Go immune system, go!!
Doing laundry tonight, making green chile soup and getting a head start on the chores for tomorrow. It snowed about 6" this week and has covered up all of the leaves I was planning on raking. :( But there's always grooming Manley or sitting in the hot tub if it's sunny.
By the way, my little Subaru handles very nicely in the snow/slush/ice so far this year. Now just to sell my van!
With Thanksgiving about 3 weeks away, I got a call from my friends Catherine and Mike. They invited me over for the day. I am to bring just myself and the menu includes prime rib. YUMMY!! I also asked for the Friday after off so I will have a long weekend.
My sister is working on my quilts and kitty quilts and doing a wonderful job! She is very talented.
Time to switch laundry loads and then bedtime. Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't get the flu. Have a nice weekend and don't work too hard.
Joyce