Friday, October 23, 2009

Finally Friday

I had really wanted to post some pictures of my vacation but have not gotten the box that was mailed from Wisconsin with my camera/computer plug in yet. Hope to do that soon.

Just thought I'd continue with tales of my vacation. I'll pick up with Tuesday, when I picked up my rental car (a BRIGHT blue) and then went to have lunch with my sister, niece, mom, aunt and Evonne (mom's friend). No major incidents driving down to Madison and I got to Jacques, then went and picked up some chicken for supper. We just watched tv and went to bed.

Wednesday and Thursday were shopping, bathing Tag and eating at Panera bread days.
I bought a digital camera, quilt material that Jacque will make for me,
winter gloves and socks.
I met Danielle at Gordman's on Thursday and I did some more clothes shopping and then we went to Pedro's and commenced to get drunk and rowdy. :) It was great to see her and spend some quality time with her.

I had also planned on meeting a couple of more friends but that did not pan out. One was busy busy, one was in S. Carolina and another had work and school. Next time girls!!

Friday morning Jacque and I dropped off my rental car and went to the Vet School, where I use to work and Jacque still does, to see some coworkers. I even saw people that I hadn't expected to see and it was a great time. I do have pictures that I hope to post in my next blog with a short explanation.

Then Jacque and I went to her place and straightened up and I groomed Allegra, her collie. We were expecting our 2 sisters about 6:30, but in they drove at 5:30pm!! Surprise! So, Joyce, Jacque, Julie and Jill had about 1 full day together. We exchanged gifts, ate pizza, watched a movie, laughed, cried, and stayed up late.
Saturday morning Jacque made us all breakfast and then we got ready to go shopping and out to lunch. We all had a margarita for lunch at Outback and had a very nice wait person. He even took the picture of us 4 girls. Then we all went back to Jacque's and gabbed until early evening.

Joyce, Jill and I went up to Wausau and stayed over at Jill's. Then Sunday Joyce and I drove to Eau Claire to spend a little time with mom and Ray, Jenni and Trent and to eat lunch before we got a ride up to the airport.

My flight left a couple of hours before Joyce's, so she saw me off, then went to sit at her gate. I got to Durango and got home about 10:30 pm.
I had to work the next day so I unpacked and got to bed by midnight.

It was really great to visit my friends and family in Wisconsin. I hope I can go up there in the spring or next fall at the latest. I have to save all of my pennies.

Talking about pennies, I contacted a riding stable and got a price for private horseback lessons. I would be using one of their schooling horses and getting back into dressage. I have Jane A. to thank for inspiring me! I have not ridden for a few years and REALLY miss it. I even gave away my dressage saddle a couple of years ago.
I think I still have riding breeches somewhere. Will let y'all know what transpires.

Tomorrow I will be going to the farmer's market, raking leaves, and giving my cats a bath. It is suppose to be a gorgeous weekend so hope to get out and enjoy the weather.

4 comments:

kks said...

sorry i missed you during this visit! i had a harrowing week...i won't bore you with details....but so glad you had a nice visit with the girls! looking forward to seeing some pics from your place and the big handsome boy!
xo

dexmangoldens said...

i'll catch you next time. Sorry you had a bad week. Hope this last week was better. xo

jane augenstein said...

Sounds like you girls had a great time visiting. Was at Jacques blog and saw the pictures. Can't wait to see yours.
Oh, boy!!!!! Riding again??? what fun, glad I inspired you to ride. I rode last Monday but the weather has decided to rain and my shoulder is still bothering me so it will be awhile before I climb back in the saddle. Do post and with pictures if you can when you ride. Fun, fun, fun!!!
Jane

Anonymous said...

Hi there, good to hear that you are going to get back into riding, it sounds safer than skiing!!
LOL
Did you check out Jacque's blog? Great pics off your camera!!!
Love you and miss you! joyce