Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Weekend Has Sped By

Just sitting, relaxing, and thinking about how fast the weekend went.

Friday I worked until 7:30 pm, stopped at the store for a few groceries, then got home and fed Manley, then watched a little tv and went to bed about 10:00.

Saturday I slept in until 7:00, fed the animals, cleaned my place, did the laundry, walked Manley, weeded flower beds, cooked some chicken, clipped cat nails, dog nails and combed Manley, Kisa and Sparkle, then went over to the neighbors, Jim and Cynthia's, and sat and watched a thunder storm move in. It rained hard for over an hour. Their daughter, Erin, is home from college and fun to be around. When I got back home I made my bed, ate supper and watched some tv.

Sunday, today, I washed my windows, weeded more flower beds, trimmed the grass around the house (using a hand clippers) and waited for the landlord to drop off the lawn mower. Well, that never happened but I did get some time in the sun (between the big gray clouds) and played frizbee with Manley. He is quite good and tries catching it between his front legs and mouth.

Then I watched the Nascar race, and Mark Martin won after Jimmie Johnson and Gregg Biffle ran out of gas in the last lap.

I cut some flowers in the garden to take to work tomorrow. They brighten up my day, and other people comment on them too. Who wouldn't smile or feel better looking at yellow, orange, purple, pink and orange flowers? I don't know the type of all of the flowers, but enjoy them any way.

In case any of you haven't noticed, I changed my music from Enrique to Tim McGraw, ALL BY MYSELF. I finally took the time to see what all I could do with my blog. If I had a digital camera I could do a lot more. In time!!

Hope every one has a great week and stays well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you were a busy girl this weekend. Glad you are able to get so much done on the weekend. Isn't it nice to have 2 days now?
I really enjoy my days off.
Love, Joyce

Jacque. said...

YAY...you changed something all by yourself! Way to go! Keepin' busy...good girl.

dexmangoldens said...

Thanks sisters! I love the 2 days off in a row. I keep busy but have time to relax too.