Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Good, Lazy Weekend

I had a great weekend, and I think Manley did too.

Sunday we slept in, I did the usual feeding, dishes, litter box,.... and then read a few chapters. I am reading Strike Force by Dale Brown and it is ok. I am waiting on a couple of books to free up at the library so it will be my turn to check them out.

I groomed Manley out in the sun and then we went for a hike, instead of going downtown. We went up the hill and along the path up and around the hill until the path ran out. By the time we got back, both of us were tired. I sat in the hot tub awhile and when I got out I dried off in the sun.

I listened to a lot of music this past weekend. I have a couple of Pandora stations with some country, some Latin, and then some Richard Marx, Journey, Celine Dion......

Of course, I watched the Nascar Sprint Cup Sunday afternoon. It was a road race, so of course more turns and most of them being right turns. Kasey Kahne won the race.

Then I sat out on the deck and watched the sun set while listening to a cd. Manley was right by my side and it was really awesome to watch the sun behind a dark cloud but the rays of sun shining out all around it. I never get over the scenery and the sunsets.

Yesterday I went to work at 9:00 and ended up working until 7:00pm. The girl who was suppose to come in at 5:30 called in sick. Seeing we are short a tech, I did work my butt off. Today I am going in at 10am and hoping to be done by 7pm. I hope they hire some one soon!

One of the customers is going to let me read the new Lee Child book he bought--Gone Tomorrow. He really likes it and we always talk books when he comes in for his prescription.

I never did get downtown to the festivities this weekend. I guess they had all sorts of things for kids, like face painting, those big inflated jumpy things, and then music by local artists, and such.

I dog sit for Jeff (actually for Mattie and Jazzie) Wed through Sat this week. I still have to find out if Victoria is staying overnight while working at our Walgreens this weekend.

Well, off to get ready for work, then to the post office and then on to work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I llike the pictures of your animals
Mom