Monday, June 1, 2009

Backyard Bear


When I got home from work tonight at 5:45 pm, I fixed some supper and sat down to watch a little tv. I looked out my window and there 1/2 way up the hill was a yearling bear. He went over by the pond, as I ran to the boys' door and told Brad that there was a bear in our yard. We heard the garbage can tip over and then our neighbor Jim came over. He took a couple of pictures that I am hoping get sent in this blog. The bear was not afraid of 4 of us standing there yelling at him, and Flex barking at him. I took a couple of pictures with my phone (darn it) and finally the bear went back up the hill, then circled around and went into the pond. When he went next door and over the hill, we got the garbage can into the garage as to not tempt him again. Then he was back! He kind of charged at Flex, the yellow lab, and then ran past him, about 5 feet away. It's kind of scarey to think that this bear didn't run from us, noise or barking. Hope he gets discouraged and stays away. ( I just heard a gun shot. Wonder if someone is shooting at the bear! ) Brad brought Flex in for the night and we are keeping yard lights on.
So, lots of excitement this evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pics of the bear!!! Joyce

jane augenstein said...

Wow, neat picture but it's kind of scary to think that a bear is in hour back yard! I know we have bears out here too but have never seen any, others have though. Hope they aren't hungry for horse or donkey meat! :-(
~Jane and Gilly~

Jacque. said...

You keep that doodlehead boy close to you. Too scarey for me!