Monday, June 1, 2009

My Vacation

I went to work last Friday and when I got done at 5:30I drove to Los Alamos, arriving there at Jody's about 9:15. Said hi to the family already there---Joyce, Jen, Trent,Barb, Kelsey and Emma. Then Shane, Jody, and Kalyn got in from the airport and took a while to get settled in while I finished making my pico de gallo for the graduation party the following day. Tyler got home late. Went to bed about 12 and got up at 5:30am. We were all ready to go to the graduation at 8:00 and got some decent seats in the gym. Tyler was in the 3rd to the last row, so we were anxiously waiting for him to get his diploma. They had a great speaker or two.
When we got home we got out all of the food and starting eating, hoping there was some left for the company stopping by. We had a fun time seeing some people we already knew and met some we didn't. Tyler was there for a bit, then he went off to other parties.
Sunday we sat around and gabbed, then got ready to go to Gabriel's. There were about 12 or 14 of us at a big table. Gabriel's is a Mexican restaurant north of Santa Fe that is a favorite among many of us related to Jody. We had a good time gabbing and eating the delicious food! I even got a free drink because my entre was later than the rest. A very cute waiter too! He even touched my hand! Barb and I were singing 'And then he touched me', but can't remember what song it is from.

Monday we all went into Santa Fe to the downtown Plaza. A parade was just getting over and we all did a little shopping and then had lunch at the Red Dog Saloon. They had a really good BLT on the menu so most of us chose that.
Then we went out to the mall and got a few items. So, downtown I got a lime green wallet/checkbook, a birthday present for some one, and a horse metal sculture for myself. At Dillard's I got a lime green summer bath robe. Trent got a couple of carousel rides from his great aunts.
Then we stopped over by Best Buy and some of us went into Michael's. I bought 3 cross stitch kits and a hoop.

When we got home I made my penne pasta chicken salad, with the strawberries and mandarin oranges.

Tuesday morning Jen and Trent, Barb, Emma and Kelsey left for home. Jody and Shane took Jen and Trent to the airport then went and got matching tatoos. Joyce and I took Kalyn to school and also picked her up. Joyce and I just hung out and gabbed, had lunch, went to see TJ and Diana's house and did laundry and straightened up Jody's place.
Jody and Shane got a new computer for Shane to take overseas so he spent some time setting that up.

Wednesday morning we just hung out and I got my stuff together, well, most of it, and was out of there about 10:30. It takes about 4 hours house to house. I had to text Joyce cuz I forgot a couple outfits in Jody's closet.
I picked up Manley on the way home. He was very excited to see his mom. He had stayed with Kyle and his dog, Harley. When I got home the girls (cats) were glad to see me too.
It was good to be home and so I unpacked and just sat around and caught up on my email.

When I got back to work on Thursday, I was missed. The other techs now appreciate how much and how well I do my job and do it 5 days a week. I only worked 2 days, then had 2 off. It was nice to have a short vacation and get away for a bit. My animals were well taken care of and I didn't have to worry about them. No body had any problems, as far as I know!!

So now it is back to the grind.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We ate at the Sleeping Dog Tavern in Santa Fe! Nice email and I miss you too. Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Sorry, we ate at the Sleeping Dog Tavern, not the Red Dog.

kks said...

sounds like you had a fun filled few days....glad all the animals were fine! how scary about the bear!

Jacque. said...

Sounds like a good vacation! I'll be waiting to see how you do on your stitchery kits. Glad you had a chance to get away from the grind.

Anonymous said...

I'm going to get the pic emailed to Joyce soon. I promise. Its not a great one tho, too far away.
Barb

Anonymous said...

I'm going to get the pic emailed to Joyce soon. I promise. Its not a great one tho, too far away.
Barb