Saturday, June 20, 2009

Lazy Weekend

I am going to have a lazy weekend, just like my title. So far, so good.
Yesterday we had a scheduling error so I ended up working 11-7:30 but was ready to go for the 9-5:30 shift. So, I vacuumed, dusted, did dishes, started laundry all in the 2 extra hours I had before work.

So, today I finally dragged myself out of bed at 8:00 am, made coffee, fed animals and such, ate breakfast (eggs and strawberries) and sat around in my jammies until noon. Then I decided I needed to go to the library to get a decent book to read. Manley went with and was enjoying the cool breeze coming in the windows. (It has been cloudy and 60's all day)
For lunch I had sliced mushrooms and cucumbers and shaved mozzarella cheese covered with a small amount of dressing made up of olive oil, a splash of apple cider vinegar, lots of garlic salt, some ginger, and some more red pepper. It was filling and good!!

This afternoon I managed to read a few chapters of a book, clean strawberries, finish laundry, get supper out of the freezer and made some strawberry lemonade. (Country Time lemonade and blenderized (is that a word?) strawberries---50-50 combination.)

Now I am blogging and watching the Nascar time trials. The Nationwide series that is on tonight is in Milwaukee, at the State Fair Grounds. Saw some familiar sights in the background too!! Maybe Jacque can hear the cars zooming around from her house! :)

My flower gardens are doing wonderful. I have been taking flowers in to work and putting them in a vase by the drive-through window for all to appreciate. There are Columbines, peonies, daisies, and a couple others that I don't know what they are. The colors are purple, yellow, orange, pink and white. I still have day lilies yet to bloom around the pond. Kelly, the landlord Joe's wife, won't tell me what color they are. She just told me that I would love them.

Tomorrow, when it is suppose to be sunny and 84 out, Manley and I will be taking a nice leisurely walk downtown. They have a few things going on down there and I'll groom him up so he looks even more handsome!
I also have to finish mowing the lawn (the part on the other side of the driveway) and do some weeding and trimming. Then the Nascar Sprint Cup race will be on so I will watch that.

So, that's my Lazy Weekend plans. Y'all have a great weekend.

5 comments:

kks said...

sounds like a good day to me!
Brett and i are heading up to Baraboo to see the folks...sundays are always my favorite day....
xo
p.s. brett watches the races too....frankly, i don't get it! :)

Anonymous said...

Kim-Have a good day and say hi to Brett. You either 'get' the races, or you don't. See you hopefully in Oct. Julie

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were busy, not lazy!! Joyce

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...what book are you reading? What was going on downtown? Yeah. Can't hear the races from here...LOL.

Jacque. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.