Sunday, April 25, 2010

Storm Pictures

DSCN0890

DSCN0889 

I was driving out to the cattery the other evening when a storm was happening.  Awesome clouds. It was also lightning but couldn’t capture that one!   

Well, I’m sure some of you are waiting to hear about my job, other than I really love it!

My hours are 8:30 to 5:30 with an hour lunch Tuesday through Saturday.  It is a desk job.  I take payments, set up payments and give people codes to get into their cars.  These are on the loans for people with bad credit.  I also have to make sure the insurance is updated, because in Colorado you have to have insurance or it’s a big fine.  I send out the monthly statements and insurance letters.  At the end of the day I cash out the register, credit card machine and run a few reports and make a deposit.  During lunch I plan on going home and letting the Manley out and hang with him for a bit. 

Saturday they started cross-training me for the cashier for the parts and service side. That is more complicated as there are more processes involved on the computer.  You are to receive it, invoice it, get paid, accept payment and then file it.  Plus they have a car wash business which has many steps in the computer too. 

The people I work with are really nice and have been there for at least a couple of years, and some have been there for 17 years.  All of the people are smiling, talking, giving each other a bad time and having fun.  I guess the girl I replaced was a little witchy and sullen.  And would never offer to help any one else.  Not me!!!

One of the trainers wants to go hiking with me after I get moved.  So, exercise is a good thing!!

So, I am trying to pack, move, start a new job and get rid of two cats all at the same time.  The cats will go out to the cattery to live starting later this week until I find them a real home. 

Yes, still doing the cattery daily.  Probably another 2 weeks at the least. 

Today I will be packing, taking things out to the garage and maybe watching the Nascar race.  Have to find out what time it is though.

Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

Jacque. said...

Glad you posted about your new job. Though, I did chat with you on the phone about it. Hope it continues to be enjoyable for you. Kisses and hugs to Manley and Kisa.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update on your job! I love doing all the things that you are doing. I don't like waiting on customers, like to work on my projects by myself a lot too.
Good luck moving. If I was there I would help you.
Dave is here building my closet!
Then my house will sell as a 3 bedroom, if your bedroom does not have a closet it is not considered a bedroom!!! Too strange! LOL
Love, Joyce