Saturday, May 16, 2009

Last Day at EconoLodge

Today will be my last day here at EconoLodge. :( I may be asked to come back in the fall, and will consider it at that time. It's been a low stress job, unlike Walgreens, and I have really enjoyed it here. I have met many nice people and the owner and his family are very nice. I will be going rafting and siteseeing with them this summer.

Now I will have 2 days off in a row! I have several dog sitting jobs lined up through July, and then at least one for a week in September at this point. I can go hiking, go site-seeing (after 2 yrs) and have time to do my house work and yard work at my own speed.

Last night Deb and I went out the Swing for supper. They had a coupon for 'buy 1, get 1/2 off second meal' deal. We just split the bill. We split a fresh salad, and each had seafood paella. It was scrumptious!!!!!!!!!!!!! Large shrimp, large bay scallops and calamaris. Then for dessert we split a piece of lemon cake with orange frosting. Chris, our chef, fixed the paella personally for us. And of course he came out of the kitchen to give us hugs. We of course got our same booth in the dining room and the server, Dave, was great.

American Idol fans----how cool was the results this last week!! I was surprised that Danny was not in the finals, and glad that Chris got in. Of course, we all know Adam will win, but there are never absolutes on that show!! Those top 10 will have careers, no matter what. Can't wait!!!!

I'm having problems firming up plans for Manley's boarding while I am in Los Alamos. Too late to take him to a boarding kennel---full on Memorial Day weekend--- and so Deb said she'd take him if all else fails. She has a fenced-in yard and a 13 year old part Border Collie. Manley would love Deb's husband, Andy. Kyle was going to take him, but forgot what days and made plans for that weekend. He'd be able to take him Monday night through Wednesday. At least the cats have someone coming in daily to feed them/clean litter box.

I'm slowly but surely getting set for my trip to Los Alamos. I checked the oil, fluids, and tire pressure on the van. Now I have to make the list of things to take and make sure the clothes are freshly laundered, after sitting in a box all winter. I am getting my hair cut and colored today.
I am hoping Jody is doing ok handling all of the preparations for all of her company!! And then her husband coming home!!! I love having company and fixing meals..... It use to happen far more often way back when I was married and had a big enough place for them all to sleep. (Course, we were all younger then too :) )

Dog sitting for Mattie and Jazzy this weekend. They enjoy the walks and I may take Manley with tomorrow. There is also a huge thrift sale up in the complex. I may just have to swing by and see what all is available.

Y'all have a great weekend and see some of you soon!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have to figure out what to bring to wear yet and want to go to Penney's today for a sale they are having.
Will see you soon in NM!!
Joyce

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...have a great time next weekend with everyone. Good deal on quitting the EconoLodge. Have fun with all your yardwork and dogsitting. Send the big boy here if you cannot find anyone to take care of him. Claire always has an empty kennel ~grin~.

dexmangoldens said...

Thanks Jacque. I may take you up on your offer someday!! Wouldn't you be surprised!! But then, I knew I could always count on you.