Saturday, May 9, 2009

'Blue Skies Smilin at Me'--

Name that singer!!

Nothin' but blue skies.... today. My flower gardens are blooming in bright colors. It is just awesome. Yesterday I did a couple hours of yard work before my 11-7:30 shift and I have 99% of the raking done and 1/2 of the lawn mowed. I even swept out my side of the garage. Then I had to go to work. :(

When I got home, I received my picture of my mom in the mail. She is in her wedding dress when she married my dad Glenn Edward. It is in the original frame and I will put it next to her graduation picture, which is still in the original frame. Thanks Mom!!

The price of gas rose 12 cents over night. I should have gotten gas last night!!

After working here at EconoLodge, I have to get gas, go to the library, then the grocery store. Then go home and sit in the hot tub for a bit and then watch a movie or two. Or the Nascar Race might be on tonight.

OH!! In case any of you would like to have a free trial from NetFlix, let me know. I am signed up with them for 1 movie at a time for like $9.99. It's a good deal. With the free trial, you need to sign up by June 15, it is for one free month trial and I can give you the priority code in place of sending the card, as you sign up online. Just remember to cancel by the end of the trial period.

The 3 pixie bobs are getting along fine. Kisa Maria is still growling at Sparkle, but she is maintaining her alpha status. I have a picture on my phone of Kalista and Sparkle napping at the end of my recliner. They all run around together but Sparkle stays out of Kisa's way. None of my cats are fighters, so that made things easier.

And Manley is just Manley. He just finds a spot and gets out of every one's way. But he knows who gets fed first!----the 'Man' of the house!!

Sunday is my cleaning, laundry, cooking day. Plus I will be hooking up the watering system so I can water the lawn. So I have more grass to mow!!! There's definitely a method to my madness.

I am thinking about giving my boss here at the EconoLodge my notice. At least for the summer. I have more dog sitting jobs and less rent, and I am tired of working 6 days a week. I would like to hike and be able to go places in the area that I haven't seen yet. Just going to look over my finances and make sure it will be okay.
Plus, I get a small bonus in my pay check if our average prescriptions go up at Walgreen's. And they will this summer.

There is one confirmed case of Swine Flu in the La Plata County, where I reside. No details yet, but they are researching who this girl has come in contact with recently. Walgreen's sent each and every store enough Tamiflu for all of their employees to have the medication. I think every one thought it would be more widespread and more dangerous. At least Walgreen's is looking out for the employees.

In 13 days I will be going down to Los Alamos for my great nephews graduation, and to see Joyce, Jenni, Trent, Jody, Shane and Kaylynn. It will be a mini family reunion. I am so excited. I will be making my famous salsa/pico de gallo for the graduation party. It is already so warm out that I will have to make sure I have enough shorts to take with!

I am having Jeff's daughter, Marit, come in once a day and feed the 3 cats. She will probably come over some night next week to meet them and find out what to do. And now I'm not sure if Manley has a dog sitter or not. I'm working on that.

I was thinking the other night about maybe getting a hobby. Esp. in the colder weather. Any suggestions?? I am allergic to wool, knitting bothers my carpal, I don't have much money and I have no sewing machine or anything. Sketching??? Ceramics??

Ok, answer to 'name that singer' is Bing Crosby.

Y'all have a good weekend and comment!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, sounds like you are busy! I will think of some hobby for you. Some kind of craft work, scrapbooking, beadwork or something along those lines might work for you. Don't forget to spell Jenni with an 'i'!!
Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Joyce--I just realized that I spelled Jenni's name wrong. OOPPS!!

dexmangoldens said...

Joyce, did you get the answer to 'name that singer'??

Jacque. said...

Jua...I think beadwork and scrapbooking will cost you more than you want to spend. Probably the easiest/cheapest is cross stitch...or stitchery (formerly called embroidery). There is some very primitive stuff out there. Can make ornies, little pillows &/or pinkeeps...framed pieces, etc. All kinds of stuff. Just do a search online for stitchery. All you need is a good hoop (ask me), embroidery floss and cloth. Not so expensive. And, you can watch tv while working on it.

dexmangoldens said...

I don't think I would like scrapbooking, so stitchery may be the thing for me. I have done it before, so it's not like I'd be starting as a beginner. Will look online tomorrow. Thanks!!