Saturday, January 24, 2009

Rain in Colorado or is it Snow??

A dark, dreary day here in Durango. I'm sure the skiers would rather have snow, as I hear the slopes are slippery and need new snow. Seeing I am not a skier (except as a child skiing down our driveway) I am not too fluent in their language. But, as I do live in Colorado, I am getting an education on that topic.

This week has been a different one. The Walgreen's inventory happened on Wednesday, so the big bosses were hanging out in the pharmacy. It puts me on edge somewhat to have them there, but they do at least have a sense of humor. Then I had off Friday and will work Sunday, tomorrow. One of the techs wanted to go snowboarding at Wolf Creek tomorrow, so we switched. So, yesterday I did my vacuuming, dishes, laundry and then went to get my hair highlighted, gave Manley a bath and drying at a new place, went to the library, grocery store, then went out to supper with Deb and caught up on our lives while eating and drinking. (She used to work in the pharmacy with me.) It was a busy day, but for the most part relaxing. And Manley looks so handsome!! I just wished he enjoyed the bath and blow dryer more.

Today after work I get to pick up 'Misty', my boss's dog, who I will be dogsitting while they go to Hawaii for 2 weeks. She is use to cats and like other dogs, so I am hoping there will not be ANY problems. Otherwise I may have to take her to a boarding kennel. I hope it dries up somewhat so we don't all get dirty going for walks.

My supper last night was wonderful. Have to make a special paragraph for it!!
Deb and I went to 'Swing' at the Country Club, which we have gone to several times for lunch and supper, and that is also where we know the chef, Chris.
We had a complimentary glass of wine, a complimentary bowl of exotic tasting homemade creamed soup with rutabega, carrot, & squash in it , then the salad with carmalized onions inserted into a stack of 3 slices of cucumbers, fresh spring green lettuce, walnuts, cheese and fresh peppercorns, then the main meal of Prime Rib. It comes with a portion of garlic mashed potatoes, steamed vegetables, and the prime rib with horseradish sauce. THEN, we had our arms twisted and had a piece of very dense chocolate cake with chocolate syrup drizzled on it and the plate and a Grand Mariner whip topping.
We always let Chris know that we are there and he always comes out and gives us hugs and visits for a while. He calls us 'My Dears'. (We also know his wife and his 2 boys look just like him.) Most of the wait staff know Deb and I as the 'Walgreens girls'. They give us excellent service and of course, we tip big. We always sit in the same booth. I think we should have our names carved into it! I took home 1/2 of my prime rib and will be having that for supper tonight! Can't wait!!! :)

Can't wait to do my taxes, as I have both w2's already. Then I get my digital camera and my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It will be so much nicer to stay in touch on a daily basis instead of on a weekly basis.

Good health to all and keep smiling!!
Julie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I love reading your postings. Sounds like quite the dinner last night!!! Made me hungry. I would have had to stop at the salad. I would have been full by then!!! Back to normail 20 degree temps here and no snow lately. Joyce

Jacque. said...

Yeah, piggie...sounds like you ate a LOT! hahaha. Cannot wait for you to get a camera and a computer!

kks said...

looking forward to some pics!!