Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another Cold Saturday

It is cold, but sunny. Durango is having 'Snowdown' which goes for a good 5 days. They have different events, like a parade, a burping contest, pool tournament, bed race, costume dance, polar jump.......... Not much that I would be interested in doing and seeing, so I will just sit at home and watch the SuperBowl tomorrow. I am rooting for the Cardinals. Never have liked the
Steelers. I hear there are going to be a lot of neat commercials this year. Along with watching tv, I will have to vacuum, dust, do laundry, change bed.........................

I am still dog sitting Misty until Feb. 5th, and she is doing ok. She has a lot of energy, being part Terrier, and loves digging out all of Manley's toys from the toy box and running through the apartment. (Yes, Manley has a toy box, as did Dexter.) I just sit there and laugh and Manley just sits there and hopes she doesn't run him over. The cats just sit up in their tree and watch.
You should have seen when Misty and Manley met. Of course, they do the 'smell the butt' thing. When Misty when to smell Manley, he did the fastest sit in the history of dogs!! And then looks indignant! What a hoot he is sometimes!!

Walgreen's was very busy this week. We did over 200 prescriptions 3 of the days. Luckily we had 2 techs and 2 pharmacists on for most of the day. Of course, every one comes in at the same time and expects instant service. Stress!!! EEEEKKKK!! And one of the assistant managers has to move to Farmington, which is about 60 miles south in New Mexico. His wife is with the Waste Management company and in order for her to keep her job, she has to move. Antony is very upset but this is life. They actually have an opening for assistant manager at one of the Walgreen's in Farmington, so he may not have to go job hunting.

I have put in for vacation for May 26, 27, 28, 29. So, with it being Memorial Day Weekend, I will be going to Tyler's graduation and then probably Tuesday will fly up to Wisconsin. I don't know where I'll be flying in at this time. Just checking out a few options. I hope you all can take a day or two for me. I'll be flying home on Sunday. I'll get to see Jenni and Trent in NM too!
The plans are not set in stone, as I have to find some one to take care of Manley and the cats. And I have to save some money!

The people who live in the front of where I do have dug out their big 5th wheel mobile home and their large stainless steel trailer and have pulled them out for easy access. I'm thinking they will be moving out at the end of February and are already getting things packed up. I haven't called the landlord yet, but will do that this next week to find out what's going on.

Who all is watching American Idol?? I watch parts of it but I like when they get to the final 20 and after that. I really can't stand to listen to people when they are off key. It just hurts my ears! I have heard a couple of good singers and I hope they do well.
I have been watching 24, with Keifer Sutherland on Mondays, NCIS and the Mentalist on Tuesdays, Flashpoint on Fridays and the Unit on Sundays. Those are my favorites. I just realized that most of the stars in those shows are very handsome!!! Does that say something about me? Of course, they are also good actors. :)

I mailed my w2's up to Jacque, who will be doing my taxes for me. She is very good and very willing to help me out, as I do not have a printer attached to this work computer and have to wait to get my tax refund to get my own computer and printer and digital camera! So, Jacque, any questions, just call me. And Thank You!

I hope every one has a good weekend and fun at any Super Bowl parties they are going to.
Be safe and take care.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello there! It was fun talking to you on the phone last night.
I went to the store later and picked up some sticker collection little books and some valentine stickers so now I have a few little things for kids that only cost me .99 each. Have a very good day and I too will be cleaning a little today and then watching the game tomorrow. Remember I have $10 on this with Doug and want the Cards to win!!!
Love, Joyce

Jacque. said...

Been watching AI...soon DWTS starts! AND, Celebrity Apprentice is also starting soon. Good thing I have a vcr, hey? It's been nice this weekend and will remain fairly decent temp-wise for this week...and a warmer weekend coming! YAY! I am almost done with winter.