Sunday, January 4, 2009

Meeting Celebrities in Durango

Did I tell you all who I met at Walgreens this last week!! Jacque, you will be sooooo excited!! Chad Knaus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


We shook hands----- so I have not washed my right hand since then! As most of you know, Chad is the crew chief for 3 time consecutive Nascar winner Jimmy Johnson. I was very excited and Chad is much cuter in person!! I love those commercials that he and Jimmy do with the Kobalt tools. And when Chad is interviewed or talking on a Nascar show, he explains things very well. And no, I did not get an autograph. Against policy at Walgreens. I suppose I could have followed him outside and gotten one, but meeting him was the important part.


Hey there! This is Jacque, horning in on Julie's blog.
I, for one, had NO clue who Chad Knaus was...
and had never seen the Kobalt Tools commercials.
So, here is one for your viewing pleasure.

That's all I have...bye!!!

And for those of you who know Charlie Daniels, the musician, he has a summer home near Durango, and he and his wife shop at Walgreens so I have met them too. Very nice people.

It has been snowing here again this morning. And a couple more inches of snow is predicted for the next 2-3 days. The mountain passes are either closed or restriced to vehicles with chain or 4 wheel drive. I should someday count the number of 4 wheel drive vehicles that pass by the EconoLodge when I am working. Probably 60% or more. You really need studs &/or front wheel or 4 wheel drive around here. The people who live in front of where I do got stuck in the driveway last night. I was hoping they would be out of the way by the time I had to leave this morning to come to work. And they were. I didn't want to deal with that at 6:15 a.m.!!

The Eagles and Vikings are playing football today, in case any one is interested, like Jacque. :) I'm torn on who to cheer for. I might be able to catch the last quarter by the time I get home.

Funny story: I got up this morning, fed the dog, cats, let the dog out and back in, dressed, packed a lunch and was going to let Manley out again. But, as I walked into the bedroom, he was curled up on the bed and just looked at me as if to say: "I already ate, drank, pooped and now I AM pooped. This is the second early morning for me. Bye." Such is the life of Manley. I would venture a guess and say that Manley is still snoozing on the bed while I am slaving away here at the EconoLodge.

Talking about dogs, has any one seen the movie or ads on Marley and Me???? In a couple of magazine articles that I have seen, it states that Marley is a golden lab. Folks, this is a pet peeve of mine and other family members. It is either a Golden Retriever or a Yellow Lab Retriever. Now people all over the country/world will be saying it wrong. EEEEKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you all been on Jacque's blog?? She has a good idea---pick a word that you want to achieve/work on/be/strive for --- like Truth, Serenity, Constant, Tolerant..... It makes you think and have a goal for '09. Kind of like a resolution, but even better. So go visit her blog. It is one of my links.

I was checking on airfares this morning. It is not too bad from here to Madison or even Minneapolis. I was thinking of flying up in May, but have to be down here to see Joyce at Jody's. So, when is a good time?? I only have 5 days. When is Joyce going to be there?? March??

Time for me to go and clean up this place some. You all take care and drive safely!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, you may NOT go to WI in May as I will be in NM then for Tyler's high school graduation and we are supposed to hang out!!!!!
Call me, Joyce

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...I'll see if I can find a photo of that celeb you met. Yeah...golden lab. haha! Hey, I have the book, "Marley & Me"...a Christmas gift.