Saturday, January 17, 2009

Crisp and Clear

It is chilly today! Got down to about 10 degrees :) last night. Good thing I had Manley keeping my back warm! It is suppose to get up in the 50's today, so hopefully the ice on the back roads will melt. Should be a nice hike day tomorrow.

I have been dogsitting for the past 3 days for Jeff's 2 Swiss Mountain dogs. Mattie weighs about 120# and Jazz weighs about 70#. I started dogsitting for them when Mattie was about 5 months old. And in another week I will have Misty, a terrier mix, to dogsit for the store manager at Walgreen's.

Yesterday I took a day off of work. I had leaned down to pick up an empty water bowl and threw my back out. I could hardly move or breathe for awhile. I tried stretching, bending.... and nothing seemed to help. I put some heat on my back for the major part of the day and that seemed to help the most. It is somewhat better today, and it doesn't hurt unless I move. :)

I have an interesting story to tell. I was driving home from work Tuesday at 5:30, toodlin' up Florida Rd, and I saw a lady and her yellow lab running along the road. They weren't paying attention to much, otherwise they would have seen or smelled the 2 big mule deer standing on top of the snow bank 6 feet back off the road from them. I had to laugh because labs are known for their good noses. Evidentally not this one though!! :) Jacque's dog, Tag, would have seen AND smelled the deer!

Not much else exciting going on this week. This next week is payday so I get to buy some groceries, dog and cat food and miscellaneous items. Oh, and pay some bills.

I'll post more later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HI there, our weather has been in the 40's this week and hit 50 yesterday so all the snow is melting that we had. Now I guess we sent out cold weather down to the midwest and out east.
Glad to hear you are keeping busy with all that dogsitting.
Joyce

Jacque. said...

You bet your bippy that Tag would have seen/smelled the mule deer. He's got one heck of a nose on him, for sure! Am thinking he could learn tracking...wouldn't that be fun!!! OR, he could become a cadaver search dog, for sure. Have fun dogsitting!