Saturday, January 10, 2009

Cold and Snowy

I hope every one is safe and warm this cold weekend. It snowed a couple of inches last night so the roads were a little slick this morning on the way to work. There is a full moon which makes it really bright out with the snow. No need for yard lights early this morning.

I hear that Ray has to have surgery again. I guess he misses the operating room or maybe the nurses!!! :) I was hoping mom and Ray's year would start out slow and with no big adventures, but maybe their year doesn't start until February. Or maybe they are getting the worst over right at the start, then smooth sailing the rest of 2009.

My week at Walgreen's was very, very hectic. A lot of customers, little or no help and inventory time coming up next week. But, it is over and at 4:00 pm my work week will be over. I decided this week to quit my 3rd job (transcribing) even before I actually started. Too much pressure with a deadline and not a lot of money. It just wasn't worth the stress. I can always work another 1/2 day at the EconoLodge if need be.


I finally sent out Joyce's Christmas present on Tuesday. With her being in Georgia, I thought I'd wait until she got home, therefore, prolonging the Christmas season.!!


I got my hair done Thursday after work. I had it colored, just the brown base, and then Marciella wanted to style it like Lisa Rinna's. (She was in Dancing with the Stars couple 0f years ago and is co-hosting one of the award shows with Joey F. this Sunday (I think). )
Next time I go I will get some coppery/gold highlights put in. It's fun to change it up somewhat.
The kids at work like the hair styles I've had and now have. If I had a camera I would take a picture and send it to you! Soon people!! Soon!!

I am hoping that it is sunny and the snow melts off the river trail by tomorrow noon. I would like to take the Manley Man for a hike. It gets too cold on his feet with the snow and cold temperatures. In the morning I have to clean, do my laundry and take out the garbage.....


The new pharmacy tech, Wendy, is working out well. She catches on fast and is really good with the people. And she doesn't get flustered when there are more than 3 people in line. She has a good sense of humor and likes to keep busy. YEAHHH!!!!

Time to sign off for now. Have to keep the bagels and cinnamon rolls stocked up!!

Have a great day you all.

2 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...too bad you don't know anyone who has a digital camera. That someone could take a photo of you and email it to me. Sorry about your transcribing job...you'll have to tell me more. I am on vacation...11 days off...YIPPEE!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I got your xmas package today!!Thank you very much and where in the world did you find a girl scout tin like that?? Very cool!
Love, Joyce