Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year

Let's all have a happy, healthy and safe 2009. I will be going into my third year here in Colorado and Walgreens. Time is just flying by. I will only be working here at the EconoLodge on Saturdays from now on. Actually all of the rooms here are full, so I will be busy checking people out today! And my transcription job will be starting this week. I'm a little nervous but after I start get going it will be fine. I have a small support team behind me! Thank goodness!

Over Christmas and New Years we got a couple feet of snow and I managed to get to work and back, thanks to my studs!! I will have to take pictures of my driveway soon and then you all will understand just how steep it is! Camera, computer and internet will be happening with my tax refund money. Can't wait to check email daily instead of weekly!

Today it is cloudy and damp, so the 40% chance of snow should be happening. Temperatures have been in the high 30's during the day, which makes for icy side streets. You would think for a town in the Rockies that they would know how, when and where to plow decently. But no, not here in Durango.

This last week I was dog sitting for a beagle mix young dog, Holly. She is pretty cute and her and Manley even tried running in the house and jumping in the recliner with me. It was TOO exciting to say the least! Holly was very into 'getting the cats', but Kisa walked right up to her and didn't have a problem because Kisa didn't run away, unlike Kalista. Holly's owners will be home today or tomorrow.

The new pharmacy tech at Walgreens is working out ok. Wendy was a little overwhelmed the first couple of days, but has decided just to settle in and learn as much as she can. There truly is a lot to learn in a pharmacy!! There is a wonderful computer training program, but the best training in the world is the on-the-job training.

On New Years Day Manley and I found a new trail to hike on. It is along the Animas River and very scenic! You can listen to the river running over the rocks and going around the bends. Manley was pooped by the time we were done. And he is SO into the 'look who's coming up the trail to see me' hikes. Most Goldens I know think that ALL of the people in the world are here to say hi to them and pet them. Of course we all let them think that too!!

My friend Danielle has a new dog. She is experiencing the trials and tribulations of owning a Lab.
Dog training classes and crate training are the answers girl!!

I will be sending out my last Christmas present to Joyce on Monday. Isn't it fun to keep the Holidays going for a couple of weeks??? I got a lot of wonderful birthday and Christmas presents from my friends and family this year. Several of the gifts were 'me' , thoughtful and will be useful and well used. I also got many Christmas cards and letters this year.

Well, have to go do some work and will blog you next Saturday! Love to all!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are getting out there and enjoying that snow. We have not had much snow lately, just cold for now. Love you, joyce

Jacque. said...

Once you get your camera, you will have to take it everywhere with you to show us all what you see on your hikes with Manley, in downtown Durango, etc. And, let us not forget photos of the cats!

You'll be happy to learn that I finished grooming Tango, so now he is not walking lopsided. ha!

kks said...

can't wait for you to get all your new goodies....more pics of manley!