Sunday, August 9, 2009

A Good Sunday

An early start to the day. I guess the cats and dog were cold last night. They were all snuggled up to their mom at 4:30 a.m. It was 62 degrees in here. I finally got out of bed at 6:30, fed cats and dog, and started the sprinkler before it got too sunny or hot. The grass got away from me this last week and got a little brown. So I started watering the crap out of it yesterday. It looks better today, and will start watering again when the sun isn't as intense.

There has not been 1 cloud in the sky all day. That's what I love about Colorado. LOTS of sunny days.

Yesterday I went to the Farmers Market and bought squash, lettuce, tomatoes, garlic, onions, peaches, bread and strawberry-rubarb jam. Then I went and got my hair cut and colored. Picked up some groceries and stopped at the library. I finished the book 'The Apostle', cooked up some fajitas, vacuumed and watched some tv. The bear came wandering down the hill about 5:15 last night. He headed next door to the apple trees. It was right after I heard a couple of dogs barking frantically up the hill and sounded like they were fighting or chasing something, as was probably the case. Manley was all upset along with the little dog next door.

Today I got my laundry done, clipped nails and combed cats, finished up the rest of my chores and am starting the book 'The Scarecrow' by Michael Connelly.

I've been checking airfares to Wisconsin and back. I plan on leaving Durango Oct. 10th and meeting Joyce at the Minneapolis/St.Paul airport. Then we will travel to Eau Claire together by shuttle, stay at mom's a couple of days, then I'll take the bus to Madison, rent a car for a couple of days, see my friends and sister, have sister's day Friday night and Saturday, then travel back up to Minn/St. Paul for the flight home on Sunday, the 18th. That's the plan now, but who knows if they will change or not.

The Nascar Race got postponed again today, like last Sunday, and will be aired tomorrow at noon. Too bad I have to work and will miss it, as I missed last weeks race.

Not doing much the rest of the day except reading, enjoying the warm weather and having fajitas for supper.

Let me know what y'all have been doing this weekend.

7 comments:

Jacque. said...

Yummy! Strawberry-rhubarb jam! Makes my mouth water! I think I already read 'The Apostle'. Plans sound good so far! Nice that the bear is a regular visitor...perhaps it will bring others to visit! YIKES!

Jan said...

EEEK!!!! The bear would send me running! Worked both Sat and Sun. After work tonight Gregg and I went to see "The Ugly Truth". A great, funny, romantic movie. Not you're typical romantic comedy. Was fun. After the movie, we stopped at a car dealership. A Subaru Outback for sale with a decent price. I am off work M & T so will go there tomorrow to check it out.

Julie, I may or may not be working in Oct, I am only working temp and not sure if I will get hired on, I'd love to see you, if we can fit some time in, rather than taking the bus, I could drive you to Madison??? We can talk about it closer to the date.

Anonymous said...

I had the 3 grandkids here and on Sunday did some cleaning and cooking up some chicken and rice with broccoli and cheese. I made enough for Sunday dinner and my lunch today. Otherwise I dusted, did laundry and took care of the kids. Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Jan, I would be taking the bus from Eau Claire to Madison. We'll talk soon.

Jan said...

I know.

dexmangoldens said...

Jan---ok. Just wanted you to know that for sure. That would be a fun ride and I will pay for gas and lunch/supper. Will let you know more as it gets closer.

Jan said...

Sounds good to me!