Friday, August 28, 2009

Almost Fall

There is a feeling of fall in the air. The temperature gets down to about 45 degrees at night and up to 85 during the day. We had rain a couple of days this week and the grass has really greened up without any help from me.

Work has gone very smoothly this week. Just steady enough to keep me out of trouble and in a good mood.

I have been busy this week wheeling and dealing for a car. My van did not qualify for the 'cash for clunkers' but I am now a proud owner of a 2001 white Subaru Forester. It has a big sunroof, brand new tires, all wheel drive and a cd player. Plus a lot of other extras too numerous to mention. The payments are well within my budget and Manley's crate will fit nicely in it.

This is not my car, but this is what it looks like...nice, hey?

There are 3 college kids living in the front of the house now. 2 guys and 1 girl and they have a Boxer named Kona. Manley and her met and seem to like one another. They will let me continue using part of their freezer and they told me to let them know if the noise level gets too high.

Just thinking that maybe they could dog/cat sit when I go to Wisconsin in October. We'll see how responsible they are.

This next Wednesday I will be dog sitting for Jeff's 2 Swiss Mountain dogs. Manley and I will be staying there and I will stop in and feed/visit the cats for a week.

My niece Jody and her family are going to be in Durango next Sunday. I could have them come up to Jeff's house and fix them a meal. Will have to discuss that with them this next week.

Manley turned 8 this last Monday. He got a green/orange rock, which is a whole story in itself. I think I blogged something last month about it. Anyway, he likes his new toy.


Did I ever tell you the 'pup-in-a-basket' story?

Trying to decide what to cook this weekend. Any suggestions?? Chicken, fajitas, burgers....

Y'all have a good weekend and let me know what y'all are doing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got a new car but thought you were going to buy outright so as no payment. I like it!!

I am going to take the kids for a walk as soon as they all wake from their naps.

Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Have a great walk. No, just put 1/2 down.