Sunday, July 26, 2009

Another Bear Saga

Manley woke me up by growling and barking around 11 pm or so. (I was sleeping beforehand.) I heard something outside and up the hill. I got up and looked out the window and here was a bear eating the neighbors garbage. He enventually moved off and through the pond and over by the garage, and activated the yard light. It looked to be the same yearling bear that was in my earlier post. Then it rained in the middle of the night and is still very cloudy today.

Yesterday I did not go to Silverton with Catherine. She has been extremely busy with her 2 girls, job and one going off to college, plus her husband. So, I went down to the farmers market and bought lots of veggies. I got some lettuce, garlic, tomatoes, cilantro, 2 different types of squash. One kind is the yellow small 'top' shaped squash that I had in my meal at Gabrielle's down by Santa Fe. They are SSSOOOOOO good.

Then I went and got some cat food for the girls and a birthday present for Manley. THE STORY: when Manley and I use to live in Madison, he use to eat those little white rocks used for landscaping. I always worried about him not passing them, but thank goodness he never had a problem with them. (Read chitchat blog for yesterday.)
So, yesterday I was looking at toys for Manley (like he needs any more) and I found this orange and green rock that FLOATS and is not square or round so it bounces every which way. I am standing in the store just teeheeing. (Hopefully) this one he will not swallow and he will play with it instead of just swallowing it.

I had to call my sister Jacque to share the experience with her, as she lived in the same apartment building and saw Manley most every day for years. They also make twigs, large and small, of the same material. What a hoot!!

I then went and did some shopping. I first of all bought the new Daughtry cd---the last one in the store-- and it was strange, cuz they were playing No Surprise on their muzak tape when I walked in.

Then I went and bought a couple of summer tops on sale. Two of them I can wear to work. Then I went home before spending any more money. I spent some time weeding and watering my tomato plants and then sat in the hot tub.

I spent some time cooking yesterday. I made pico de gallo and fajitas with my little squash, fresh tomatoes and pork. It's any easy meal and yummy too!!

The house was shown yesterday morning and will be shown again this afternoon. I have to run out to Lora's to feed Max, fish, water plants and see what other trouble I can get into.
I also have to download some tunes on my computer and then put them on my new little MP3 player. The ear pieces I bought are really nice and have good tone. They fit my ear very well too.

Well, off to do some laundry and cleaning and then watch the Nascar Race. Have a great day y'all and don't work too hard this next week.

3 comments:

Jacque. said...

I love that rock you got for Manley!!! I think Tag would love those ruff dawg twigs (hint hint). Have a good day, today!!

Anonymous said...

What color is your mp3 player? Mine is pink!!! I got the earbuds that came with it then I bought pink ones that are squishey so you can fit them in your ears better.
Watch out for that dang bear. Once they find a place for food they will always come back!!!!!
Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Joyce, Saw the bear again about an hour ago. They have fruit trees next door so he came down for supper. I finished that book---it is really good! My mp3 is black.