Tuesday, July 21, 2009

It's Cool Out

It finally cooled off after a nice rain this afternoon.

My van has been running fine now after being fixed. Had a hot weekend so got my work done in the mornings and tried to keep cool in the afternoon. The grass didn't grow much so didn't have to mow the lawn. Manley got groomed (much to his chagrin), got the cleaning and laundry done.

After work tonight I did some cooking. I cooked up the fresh green beans, broiled the london broil, then used that in my steak fajita and made a batch of pico de gallo. I also cleaned strawberries and got my lunch in the containers for tomorrow. Plus I did dishes and cleaned up and got coffee ready for in the morning.

I plan on spending this coming Saturday with Catherine up in Silverton. I have lived here over 2 years and have not been too many places yet, so very much looking forward to enjoying the sights north of here. Shopping, lunch and 'girl time' with a friend.

Of course I will let you know all of the details afterwards!

3 comments:

Jacque. said...

Don and Elaine have been in Silverton. One of the vacations I house/dog sat for them when they lived in Deerfield. Who is Catherine? Have a good time!

Anonymous said...

Have a great time in Silverton! Glad it cooled off there, it has not cooled off here too so I am better. Can't stand being too hot you know!!
Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Jacque--Catherine is my friend that I met through Walgreen's and is the wife of Mike Hickey, my boss at EconoLodge. She is about 50 years old and has 2 very nice daughters, Kaitlin and Alenxandria.