Sunday, July 5, 2009

Another Relaxing Weekend

Well, I got my list of chores done and then some. The weather was hot but cloudy and I spent a lot of the weekend outside trimming saplings, weeding, mowing and then watering. I could see some of the fireworks from the front deck last night. And you could hear the pharoomp (sp?)
when the big ones went off.

I got Ollie, the Toy King Charles Spaniel last evening and he chases the cats, so they are hiding when I am in the house and he is loose. Gary will be gone until Wednesday.

This morning I made some brownies and took some over to Jim, Cynthia and Erin. Jim thinks I should go into the brownie selling business cuz he gives my brownies an A+.

This afternoon Cynthia stopped over and invited me over for supper. She made a rice soup with chicken/pork/cilantro meatballs. And we had salad and bread with that. It was delicious. And Erin made a chocolate pudding/crusty dessert. Yummy!! We sat out on their deck and had some wine and conversation before supper and after. It was nice to spend a couple of hours with nice neighbors.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and got a lot of fruit. Strawberries, mangos, cantaloupe, blueberries, bananas and grapes were all on sale.
So, I'll just be very fruitty this next week. :)

Well, back to work tomorrow. I am really enjoying my weekends off because I can do some chores one day and some the next day, unlike this last fall and winter and spring when working on Saturdays.

Hope you all had a good 4th of July and enjoyed the fireworks and parades.

3 comments:

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua. I guess I missed your post yesterday. Sorry. Glad you had a good weekend...2 days is always much nicer than 1. Course, 7 day weekends would be best!!! Yeah, and you're fruity all the time. Just so ya know. I only work 2 days this week, but then I'll be in EC the rest of the week. Love you,Jacq.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you were busy and still had time for relaxation.
The girls and I got to watch some kid down the street put his fireworks in the street and light them!!! They were so excited!!!!
Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Jacque,
Drive safely and kiss and hug every one for me.
Yes, I am Fruitty--love you too!!