Saturday, January 1, 2011

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

 

DSCN1407

Here’s how my day started Wednesday.

DSCN1408

Some one hid my car!!  I did find it though. :)

We got more snow the following day too.  Roads are icy and snow covered.  Now it is about 12 degrees above zero, and last night it got down to 19 BELOW zero. 

I got to pick up Kalyn, my great niece, yesterday and spend some time with her bringing in the new year.  We had pizza for supper and went to bed shortly after midnight.  I made scrambled eggs with chorizo and english muffins and fresh-squeezed orange juice for breakfast. Then Jody, my niece, came about 2:00 to pick her up and take her back to Los Alamos.  The roads are not good so I hope they make it without incident. 

Tonight I am going out to Catherine and Mike’s for a prime rib dinner.  The dessert will be a pound cake--- and guess who gets to take the leftovers home!!  (just the dessert)  Manley is the one who really got the invite but I get to drive him out there and drive him home.  Glad I get to eat at least!! 

Nothing much planned for tomorrow except laundry and football. 

Hope y’all have a Happy New Year and keep those resolutions!! 

3 comments:

Jacque. said...

WOW...didn't know it got that cold there! Brrrrrr is right! Happy New Year to you and the Doodlehead!

Jody said...

It was very cold there!!! Thank you again....so so much for watching Kalyn overnight!! I appreciate it so much. Sorry about the breakdown I had. I was just so stressed from driving and worried about the house back home. Ugh...but today was a much better day and hopefully on Monday my water will be fixed. Love you Auntie!!

Anonymous said...

Happy new year and thanks for taking care of some of my family!! Joyce