Sunday, December 19, 2010

Winter Wonderland

DSCN1353

Last night.

DSCN1359

This morning.

DSCN1356

The Animas River this morning.

DSCN1359

My view.

Snow is accumulating and it is wet and the roads are slushy. There were also about 10 geese flying over the river but I didn’t get a close up in time. They flew right over Manley and I, maybe about 30 feet above us. You could hear the beating of their wings as they ascended. It was a thrill on this Sunday morning.

Hope everyone is ready for Christmas. I’ve gotten my part done. Happy Holidays and Happy New Year to everyone.

I keep forgetting to mention that I had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. I received some gifts from my family while in Wisconsin. From mom and Ray I got a Packers tshirt with Aaron Rodgers on it, from Joyce and Jill (Tim, actually) I got part of my flight paid to Wisconsin, some candles from Jill and last but certainly not least, Jacque made Kisa a small quilt for on top of her bed pillow, made Manley a lap quilt (for when he is on my lap in the recliner or on the bed) with his name stitched into it, all made out of the same material that my gorgeous quilt is made out of--the greens/golds/blacks. I also received a couple of birthday cards and LOTS of birthday wishes from my coworkers along with a birthday bagel from my boss. If I forgot anything, please let me know!!! And thank you all for making my day special!!!

3 comments:

Jacque. said...

Nice snow! Hey, you never said anything about your birthday or showed what you got.

Anonymous said...

You forgot about your calendar and tshirt but I guess they wereore Xmas gifts! Gorgeous pics! Joyce

Anonymous said...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel