Saturday, February 7, 2009

Lights out at the EconoLodge

Good morning all! The lights over my desk are not working, so it seems like I am sitting in the dark to those who come in for the continental breakfast. Some would say that I am always in the dark. :) Thought I'd put that out there before you all can make the comment!!

So, how is everyone's week going?? It has been an okay week. Work was busy on Monday and Tuesday, then slowed waaaayyyy down the next 3 days. I got a few extra things done that are the Senior Techs jobs--recalls from the manufacturer, ups, checking expiration dates.....

Funny story. I had left work about 15 minutes early yesterday. So at 5:20 I drove in my driveway and into the garage. I got groceries unloaded and started walking up to the house, just minding my own business. There is a hot tub on my way to the back door which leads into the laundry room. So there sat the hot tub, 1/2 open and empty, with 2 glasses sitting on the rim, and 2 robes on the ground next to it. So guess who must have jumped out of the hot tub and run inside so I wouldn't see them or talk to them. Surprise!! Surprise!!


Last Saturday I left here and went home and just veged in front of the tv. I was so exhausted that I had no energy. I was in bed sleeping by 9:00 and got out of bed at 7:00. I took the dogs for a hike, then I cleaned my place, started my 6 loads of wash at 11:00 and got done at 5:00. I watched most of the Super Bowl entertainment and then the Super Bowl. Too bad the Cardinals lost, as Joyce had a bet on the game, and I didn't really care to have Pittsburg win again.

By this time next week the people who live in the front of the house that I do will be gone. I guess he got a job in Phoenix. My landlord has put the house on the market, but may already have a buyer---a friend of his who would like me to stay, then they can draw the income from me. Joe is looking out for me and knows I do not want to move. Either today or tomorrow he will be hanging a new door on the north side of the house for me. I have a hard time keeping it latched, as I think the house has settled. I put the dog food can in front of it, just in case!!

You should have seen Manley the other night. He was next to the recliner that I was in and just minding his own business. Misty was playing with a toy, which happened to roll onto the end of his tail. (Remember, he does not like his butt or tail monkeyed with by other animals.) So he gave a low growl and looked at me. I told him that it was ok to let her know she was in his space, so the next time the toy touched his tail, he snapped at her, and then she really backed off. Good girl! He has learned a lot of patience since we have moved down here, with all of the kittens, and with me taking care of other dogs.

Pretty soon Tag E. Butt will be Manley's age---like tomorrow! Happy Birthday Tag!!

I have been looking up airfare prices to Wisconsin for the last week in May. I'm not sure where I will be flying into but will let you all know when I do! So please don't make too many plans for that last week, as I want to visit with my family in Eau Claire, Wausau and Madison, and with my friends in Madison. I will be going to Los Alamos for Memorial Day weekend, as Jenni, Trent and Joyce will be there at that time too. I hope Jody will have me! I have not make my reservation with her yet. Best call and do that soon, as I hear the place is filling up. It should be a fun time! I hope we go out to eat at Gabriel's, as that is THE best place for Mexican food. Their avocado dip is fantastic, as are their margarita's.

Lots of plans to make and arrange with you all for the end of May. Any suggestions are welcome.

Time to get to running some reports here at work. Have a great day and stay warm.
Love, Julie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad the old neighbors are moving on. I ended up winning the $10 bet with Doug as he gave me 6 points and therefore he lost!!!!
Let me know how you are doing with your travel plans. Jenni said she is willing to fly on that Tuesday so you should call her and make some plans. Joyce