Saturday, September 5, 2009

Raining

I really hope the rain stops by tomorrow morning, so it will be nice and sunny and breezy for when my company arrives around noon. I can't wait! My niece Jody, husband Shane, daughter Kaylnn, Shane's mom Barb and her grandaughter (?) are coming to Durango for lunch at my place. Barb is bringing a head and footboard for Jody. Durango is the 1/2-way point for the both of them.

So here's the menu: pulled pork sandwiches, pattypan squash, chips and pico de gallo and cantalope.

Guess what I was doing today? You guessed it! ----Shopping at the farmer's market, picking up dog and cat food, library, doing laundry, dishes and cleaning, letting Jeff's dogs out a couple of times, making pico de gallo and shredding/pulling pork, reading, sitting in the hot tub, and watching the rainstorm move in over the mountains.

It has been raining for over 2 hours now. It's a much-needed rain. Just hope it stops before noon tomorrow so we can all sit outside and enjoy the view.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Labor Day weekend. (I work Monday---double time!! :) )

My sister Jacque is getting something new (to her) tomorrow!! And I know what it is !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How did the visit go????
That is not fair that you know what Jacque is getting and I don't!!!!! :)
The kids left a little early today so I am now going to tackle a few projects I have been putting off all summer long!!!!
Joyce