Saturday, September 12, 2009

A Day in Silverton

Today my friend, Catherine, and I went to Silverton. She drove her Rav4 so I got to enjoy the view. We had cool, sunny weather on the way up, rain while walking in and out of shops, then sunshine and rain on the way home. That's weather in the Rockies.

We had a fun time shopping and had a great lunch. I bought a couple of Christmas presents for my sisters; for myself, I bought a beautiful chocolate jacket, a pair of bamboo socks, a flipnote with pen, and a pair of hiking shorts.

We ate lunch at Handlebars. Catherine and I know the owner from Walgreens and school. We each had a cup of bean soup and an avocado/bacon/tomato grilled sandwich and shared a peach cobbler for dessert. It was scrumptious. Then we waddled on out of there :).

Left here at 9am (after I shopped at the Farmer's Market downtown) and I got home at 4ish. I did a little cleaning and then sat down to watch the Nascar race.

Last Sunday was a fun day. Jody, Shane, Kalynn, Barb and Stephanie stopped in for lunch. (They met to exchange a bed frame. It was 1/2 way for both Barb and Shane.) The meal was wonderful (they said) and we spent a couple of hours together. Now that I have a dependable car I can do more trips to Jody's. (And Gabriels!!)

I am glad that my sister's dog, Allegra, is better.

I have an eye exam scheduled for this next Friday. New glasses or contacts are on the horizon.

Scheduled my flight to the Midwest. Arriving in Minneapolis about noon on Oct. 10th and leaving from there on Oct. 18th mid-afternoon.

Sent my sisters' day surprises to Jacque's house a couple of days ago.

Work was awful and busy this week with the walk-in flu shots being available.

Manley REALLY needs a bath to get his summer coat out.

Y'all have a great week and it's time to go let Walker (the Vizsla pup that I have until Monday evening) out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you give me any advice about the flu shots? I have never had flu shots before and this year they are stressing to get the regular flu shot plus the H1N1 shot when available. My age group is last to get the new shot, they want little ones to get it first I heard. Any advice?
Joyce

dexmangoldens said...

Yes, get the regular flu shot and then the H1N1 comes in a 2-shot sequence. Wash your hands---a lot.
Don't stand close to strangers and wash your hands.!! With me being a pharm. tech, I think I will be required to get an H1N1 even if I am in the age group of the 'last ones to get the shot'.