Friday, January 20, 2012

He is just CUTE!! And a recipe

 

DSCN1769

Isn’t this Golden Retriever puppy CUTE?  I have to matt it and put it IN the frame.  Hopefully I can get it done this weekend with some guidance from my older sister.  And then on to my next project!! 

Kaylynn will be here this weekend, Jacque’s granddaughter.  I think they will be baking cookies. 

Life in Stoughton has been slow.  My business (PetCare by Julie) is slow going.  I have an every Friday pet job starting Feb. 3 til April 15 and a couple of horse jobs in February. 

So, I have been reading and cooking and reading and stitching and reading…………………………I want to start putting some of my recipes in my blog but only if I get some feedback!!  ok???

So, here goes:

BEEF TINGA  from Rachael Ray:

2# Beef Chuck, large cubes, 1# Mexican Chorizo, 4 cloves garlic, small sweet onion, 1/2 TB Cumin, 1/2 TB Oregano, 1/2 TB Coriander, 1 small can Beef Broth or Beef Consume’,  1 14oz can Diced Tomatoes, 1 TB Honey and 1-2 TB pureed Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce. 

Brown Beef Chuck in olive oil and set aside.  Brown Chorizo in remaining juices and add grated garlic, onion, cumin, oregano, coriander.  Let simmer for a few minutes and then add remaining ingredients. Add Beef Broth or Consume’ until thick. (You may not use whole can) Let the flavors blend and then add the beef chuck.  Bake in oven covered on 325 degrees for 30 minutes or so, until the beef easily pulls apart. 

Serve with tortillas or bread.     You can also garnish with cheese. 

Have fun and let me know how it turns out!  It is spicy so adjust chorizo and chipotle as desired.  Also, puree whole can of Chipotle Peppers and put remaining in ziploc bag and freeze.  Don’t forget to label it!!    I used the Johnsonville Chorizo but if you can find a really good Mexican Chorizo please use that!!  I know of a place in Farmington, NM that has WONDERFUL chorizo.  Thanks to my friend Catherine for introducing it to me. 

OK  so let me know how you like it!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How much does that make? Sounds like too much garlic and spices for me so I would have to tone it down.
Joyce

Jacque. said...

That counted cross stitch is so dang cute...you did a good job. The beef tinga...probably not for me.