Wednesday, December 28, 2011

SOON----A NEW YEAR!!

Lots of changes happened in 2011.  Some good, some not so good.  But, life goes on and I’m still alive!  Celebrate Life!!! 

 

DSCN1764 

Here’s a little project that I was working on this last week, after getting Christmas and Birthday presents done. 

DSCN1752 

This sunflower is a 5X5 pillow that I made for my godmother Sally.  Don’t tell her!!!  The next are the dragonfly for Joyce and then the hummingbird for Jill.  All hand-stitched by me!

 DSCN1749

DSCN1754

I got some very nice Christmas presents from my sisters and a few cards from friends in the mail. Jacque and I just opened up some presents and quietly celebrated the day with music and movies. I went up to Claire’s, the landlady, for Christmas supper and it was all delicious!  Ham, lasagna, beans, jello salad, veggies, pie and brownies and of course the cookies!!  Saw a few people I hadn’t seen for a couple of years and had a very nice time visiting with them.  

My business is slow-going but have gotten a couple of dogs to groom, and horses to feed. 

Don’t forget to make some resolutions for the new year, and then keep them!!   

Update done people!  LOL 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update ! Love all the projects!!!
Very cute! Glad you had a nice Christmas. Joyce

Jacque. said...

Julie followed my finishing instructions very well, indeed, and these look great! Especially considering the fact that she has done nothing like this for many, many years. She is proud to tell anyone who will listen that there is not a single machine stitch on these...everything was done by hand. Her hand! YAY!

Anonymous said...

Great work Julie! Wow! They are all beautiful! I like mine the best!
Love, Jill