Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Sunny Day in Durango

Today is the first day of blogging for me. Seeing as I only have computer access once a week, I'd like to blog instead of sending out emails.

I am working today, then tonight I have a babysitting job (yes, babysitting). I hope to be off of work tomorrow as I need to catch up on my laundry, cleaning, sleep, and football games.
I have sent out all of my Christmas cards to my family and friends and now only have the presents for my family to be mailed out this week. The earlier the better!! Especially when it has to go through Denver.

Last Sunday was my birthday and I got a couple of presents. Mom and Ray got me a sieve and some slippers, niece Jody sent me a card, friend Deb sent me a card, and I talked with the rest of my family and got birthday wishes. Joyce sent me a package, hoping that it would arrive the day before or the day after my birthday. I still have not received it. Like I mentioned before, it has to go through Denver. Hopefully I will get it soon, as I am excited to see what she sent me. Manley was very lax this year about getting gifts. Since our move into our own place, he has been more relaxed and more his happy, playful self. He takes after his grandfather, Mickey, who was a clown.

The weather today is sunny and about 40 degrees. There is snow up in the mountains at 8,000 feet and higher. The ski resorts are not doing well yet, as it is very expensive to 'make snow' and of course, is not like the real thing, or so I have heard.
I wish you all a good day and a relaxing weekend.

5 comments:

D said...

Hey there Jules! Just received your x-mas card and LONG letter..lol! Thank you very much..yours is in the mail..Have a great day~~Love ya, D

Unknown said...

Hi Julie,

Greetings from windy, snowy rural Columbus, Wisconsin. I'm glad to see that you are thriving at your new digs! I'm busy with finishing up the semester with our students and working on a paper for my own class on instructional design. An important subject but just such a drag!

Daughter is living at home which is fine. Son is driving for Schneider and I have no idea where he is right now, somewhere in the U.S.

I hope your worklife is more settled now. You certainly deserve it! Thankfully a lot of good times and memories from the VMTH to carry us through!

Laura

Jacque. said...

Hey Jua...YAY! Another blogger in the fam! Great! Now, you need to get a digital camera so that we can see what you're up to and what life is like there. Love, Jacq.

kks said...

it is about time! now you need to learn how to download pics so we can see the beautiful mountains....happy belated b-day!
looking forward to checking your blog everyday...
Kim

Anonymous said...

WOW you are so much more with it than I am. I still have trouble with the e-mail! Glad you had a good b-day even if your box did not come and all you got from me was a CARD!!! It was a lovely sentimental one too!!! I will try to check this site out now that I know how to keep up with you! Love, Deb