Sunday, December 7, 2008

12 Point Buck

Good morning!! I am at work, again. Hopefully for just half the day. And yesterday my landlord FINALLY left me a garage door opener and changed the outdoor lights to be motion detectors.
Last night I did my babysitting gig. Erin and Paul are ages 4 and 6, and I will get to dogsit 'Holly, the beagle' later this month.

I had quite the adventure coming in to work today. As some of you may know, I have to be to work by 6:30. It is dark and of course headlights are a good thing to have on. Brights work better too---------because, I was toodlin' down Florida Rd when all of a sudden 2 deer hop out and stop on the side of the road next to my lane. Then the doe trotted on across, but the '12 point buck' stopped. When I had slammed on my brakes, my purse, lunch bag and book bag all went flying onto the floor, and I stopped within a foot of this '12 point buck'. He looked at me, put his nose on my van hood, and then trotted on across. Evidentally the '12 point buck' knew to stop and look both ways before crossing the road!! And the doe evidentally had confidence in my brakes. Well, I drew a few deep breaths and continued to work, below the speed limit.

My sister Jacque is a very helpful person. She offered to JAZZ UP my blog for me, as I only have the computer at work to use so far. I'm sure she will add pictures of Dexter and Manley and maybe even the cats. Maybe even add a deer photo in this post. I do plan on getting a digital camera and computer with my income tax refund, so prepare yourselves!! Then I can take pictures of the view and share them with you all. I can't wait! As Mom and Ray and Kim know, the mountains are very majestic and very awesome and very BIG! They make you feel very small in comparison. That's what I think about when I hear Carrie Underwood sing her song 'Small'.

Everybody have a nice and relaxing Sunday and will blog again next week!
Be safe, be well.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, jacque fixed this for me so I can respond to you!!!
Great pictures!!!
Joyce

Jacque. said...

I think I'd be doing more than just taking a few breaths before driving on! haha! Glad to help you out.